1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Howdy from Southern Illinois!

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by tonejunkie, Dec 11, 2006.

1. tonejunkie

tonejunkie

Dec 11, 2006
    Cape Coral, FL
    Howdy everyone,
    I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. My bass habit started with an alvarez 5 which was painfully cramped string spacing(for me). I sold that to get a sunburst Squier Precision Special 5. Only now am I making it into a real bass. I am buying a 5 string passive P-pickup to put in the neck position and I'm trying to figure out a humbucker for the bridge. I'm removing the pickguard and making a metal control plate. The only part I'm nervous about at all is the pickup routing.
    My other project is Series 10 (don't laugh) that I bought for $30. (okay, laugh if you like). I thought I would just rip the frets out but then it sounded too nice and has grotoh tuners. Now I've bought a spare neck to rip the frets out of to try my hand in the fretless world(I figure I have a shot since I started my musical endeavors on trombone). If I don't like it, I'll slap the old neck back on and kiss it goodbye. (The pepto-bismol pink color isn't my favorite...)
    That's all for now. This is only one of my hobbies, but the one hobby I always come back to. I look forward to learning from yall.