1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Howdy, pleased to meetcha

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by scottandrew, Mar 4, 2008.

1. scottandrew

scottandrew

Mar 4, 2008
    Hi, I'm Scott Andrew, singer-songwriter guy from Seattle. :)

I've been a casual lurker on the Talkbass forums for a little while now. I'm primarily a guitarist and vocalist, but I recently starting playing bass guitar "for serious" with a band so I thought I'd sign up and say hello.

Perusing the back threads here helped me make some tough gear decisions. Extremely helpful for someone like me, who loves to play but knows very little about gear. I started out with a cheap Affinity, which was fine for home demos, but didn't really cut it live. So last weekend I picked up a '81 Peavey T-40 and been *totally* obsessed with it since. And tonight I'm headed out to try an Ampeg SVT 200T head as I attempt to put together my first rig.

I'd name-check all the standard rock bass heroes, but really it was Fran Sheehan's work on the Boston debut album (or was it actually Tom Scholz? I never knew for sure) that really sparked my interest in bass guitar).

Anyway, hello! :)

2. Hey Scott,

Welcome to the talk bass family