Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by <<Bait King>>, Dec 15, 2002.

1. Hi, ya'll! I have been looking for a decent place to talk about bass for awhile now. Somebody told me to check this place out, and I think I like it. I guess I will tell ya'll a little about myself.. I'm a 70 year old fisherman. Fishing is my life, and I'm not afraid to show it. I have a great family that totally supports me on my choices of fishing, hell, my son and grandson want to be fishermen too. I live in Jacksonville, Florida, moved here from the Glades.. nice place to fish, I had quite a few lucky spots, too. I have won contests, and all that other mumbo jumbo.. but nothing compares to a nice day out in the open, where there is no pressure, just relaxing with the family, you know what I mean? I went up to visit my son and grandson, Louis and Josh this summer. Got my wife Susana out of the house for awhile, we had a good time. He lives close to a lake, so I brought my boat and my pickup.. we had a fun time. I took some pictures ya'll might want to take a look at.

That's me, just caught me a bass. I have seen much bigger, but my grandson was getting a kick out of it.

That's my son Louis, and my grandson Josh.. I don't get to see them as much as I used to, it was nice to spend some time with them.

There me and the wife, out on the boat.. it was a nice day, not too hot, not too cold. Sue really had a great time, and so did I.

My son Louis's friend, Joe.. He was a little unhappy, he thought it was going to be a really big one.. he wanted peppered fish for dinner.

That's my boat and my pickup truck.. in front of my sons house.. It's his first house, it doesn't look like much, but it does the job. He made it really nice inside, lots of wood.. and of course a fish or two on the walls.

Well, that was my summer, I would be pleased to meet ya'll, it's nice to finally find a place like this. Feel free to show anything you have caught, bass, or otherwise. Nice to meet you guys and girls. I hope to meet everyone, and enjoy my stay.

Bob "Baitking" Steinburger
  2. Fellow TBers:
    Is this for real, or is it the biggest put-on since Goth Barbie?
    Stay tuned.
  3. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    The resolution on that second picture is good enough that anyone can CLEARLY see that those are solid body basses. Also, the fin length is so short that no self-respecting DBer would ever touch any of these.

Off to BG. I'll let JT sort this one out. :)
  4. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    That boat looks ideal for trolling... :D
  5. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
  6. snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    Hey wait a minute...that second pic shows what appears to be a Behringer cab. Sumthin's fishy here.

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    :confused: I don't get it??
  8. pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Hey fellas, lets all go over to the(fishing bass) site and start posting pics of or basses. I think this means WAR!
    he he
  9. xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    well, he filled out his profile better than most 'non-trollers'

going that extra-mile!
  10. Skorzen

Mar 15, 2002
    Springfield MA
    Posting at 6:16 in the morning? Definetly a fisherman not a musician :D
  11. I'm sorry fellas, but I don't get some of your post's... What are ya'll implying? Some of you made decent comments, but some of you posted weird things... care to explain, please? Maybe I'm not up with the times... And no, I'm not a musician, never have been. And by the way, that fella who said that those were solid body basses doesn't know what he is talking about, I am proud of my bass boy! I have been fishing longer than most of ya'll have been born, haha... Just kiddin', but seriously, please explain your posts better. Now, if you please, post some pictures of fish you have caught...

Bob "Baitking" Steinburger
  12. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    We need rickbass (and his avatar) to make an appearance here...
  13. MattFreemanRock

Nov 30, 2002
    who was the one that told you to visit this site?
  14. geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Hey Bob, how's it going.

So, how do you feel on the following subjects:

- what bass should I buy?

- what's better, fretted or fretless?

- what IS frettles?

- why don'tyou like Warwicks?

- why don't you like Ibanez?

- Warwick sucks!

- Ibanez sucks!

- What's up with 7-stirng basses? who needs that many strings? Making up for something else, if you ask me

- I've got a custom luthier in Tanzania building me a 17-string, non-octave bass, with fanned frets. The longest scale length is 72", the shortest is 12". Anybody know where I can buy strings for it? I have a hard enough time finding them for my 13-string.

- Poll: Amps!
    Let's hear it! Show me the opinion!
    x 1x10"
    x tube
    x amps rea stupid
    x purple
    x I really like vanilla
  16. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Well, he IS called BAIT King. Get it? Bass, Bait, Trolling!? This man is a comic tyranosaur.
  17. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    You too?! Dammet! I thought I was on to something original there!
  18. savagelucy

Apr 27, 2002
    is this guy for reel? (man i'm witty)
    or doesn't he know that this is a music forum?
  19. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Just plain great. i mean, it would take an IDIOT not to see that this is a bass (bAss) fourm. it's just so stupid,,, you almost belive it for a second....... ok,, i'm really stupid....