How're the Peavey Millenium 4s?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BrettAM, Mar 16, 2003.

1. I need something a little more versatile than my Ric (string spacing is just too close, action too high, and tone not right for solo/funky stuff-but I love it for rock so I don't want to change it...), I tried Carvin and it just didn't do it for me. So I thought maybe one of those snazzy Peavey Millenium 4 plus basses (maple fingerboard of course). Who out there has one? How do they play/sound/feel?
  2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    I've yet to play a four, but the Millenium five-string was one of the most uncomfortable basses I've ever played. Sounded pretty nice, but something about the string spacing, neck width, and fingerboard radius combination was just terribly uncomfortable. But that's just a personal thing.
  3. I spent a lot of time with a Millenium Plus 4. I came very close to buying it. I liked it better than the Cirrus. Unlike the previous poster, I found it very comfortable, very well made, easy to play, nice sound and nicely appointed. My financial controller (wife) said no!
  4. petch

petch Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Medina, Ohio
    My Millennium 5 string is one of the MOST comfortable basses I've ever played. Body shape, string spacing (adjustable), and neck are all good.
    It's a personal thing...
  5. I have two fives and think they are great.They are pretty versitile sound wise and really punchy.The preamp and pickups are dead quiet.The plus I have with a maple top is a little brighter than my all alder standard.I've been playing a Millenium plus 4 at a local music store lately and it's pretty nice.The necks are slim but solid,kind of a Jazz profile.You really have to try one for yourself.Ebozz is buying one of my 5s and I found a Cirrus 4 for a good price otherwise I would pick up the Millenium 4.
  6. rickreyn

rickreyn Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    I am very happy with my Cirrus with the Millenium preamp. I have a five. These basses are well made and sound great. I thought their designs (both Cirrus and Millenium) are very confortable!!
  7. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    And the cheese stands alone :( :D
  8. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    Don't tell Brett that man! :D

Hey Brett,

I've got a Millennium Plus 4 with a maple board and I like it so much that I getting on the Plus 5 the BB2 has. The neck profile of the 4 is just a little thin for me from front to back but I have big hands. ProSound over near Wadsworth and Bowles has a Plus 5 with a maple board in stock. If you want, I could try to meet you somewhere to give mine a spin. I been kind of anxious to check Allegro Music in Parker..... ;)
  9. Hey man if you're comin' out gimme a hollar! I'm not sure why you'd want to though-Allegro has damn near nothin to offer lol. :)

By the way-what's up with the next get together, I remember responding to a PM a while back but I haven't heard anything since!
  10. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    Do you want to try to do it this weekend? If the Allegro in Parker doesn't have anything cool, is there someplace else that you can suggest? I'm in S.E. Denver.

I'm still trying to pull off the get together but it's been difficult thus far finding a location. Jugghaid may have a lead or two so I was waiting to see what he came up with. I think that I'll shoot him some mail today....
  11. bassackwards

bassackwards Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Doesn't the Millenium4 have a 35 inch scale? It's one of the few 35inchers I haven't compared to my BTB510. I heard that the Peavey G-Bass has a 35inch scale too. Anyone tried the Peavey G-Bass? Is it just a coincidence that 'G' rhymes with 'Flea'?:D
  12. Hmmmmm, during the day saturday would work-I'm on spring break this week so I'm available pretty much all the time during the day except sunday. I'm not sure though-I'll have to check on everything.... actually the only music store in parker is Allegro, then there's Musician's Choice in Castle Rock (which is geared towards beginners and doesn't have much of anything), there's the Guitar Center next to Park Meadows Mall.... that's just about it-I usually go up on Broadway if I wanna look for bass gear. Pro Sound is up there, plus Guitar-X (Warriors), and DJ's is on Hampden.... thats just about it around here.
  13. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    Check your email Brett.

Yep, the Millennium has a 35" scale and I personally liked it a little more than the BTBs that I've tried. The G-Bass is 35" scale as well but it has been discontinued. :( You'll have to check the used market to find one of those. I've never had the pleasure of trying the G-Bass but I'm hoping to get one, preferably a 5er if the pric e is right, in the future.