Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

hows a Behringer BX1200?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tym2cu_bass, Jan 17, 2004.

1. hey, how does a behringer bx1200 play? it sound and play good? i would like to buy an ampeg, but then i came across this...

plz tell me wat u think if u've played on this b4, thx for ur help

2. Jack

Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    It sounds sterile and clean, reminds me of a dentists. Buy the ampeg, youll thank me for it later. :D

3. supernaut_1

supernaut_1 Guest

Dec 16, 2002
    Texas
    i used to have one. i liked the sound, that is until it blew within the first 2 days of use. i hear behringer products are good but their heads don't work well with the cabs, thus rendering the combos crappy. if you're talking about the ampeg ba115, some of them are good. some meaning they vary a lot with their quality. i went to a music store and they had 3. one of them put out way to much bass, regardless of the eq settings. one of them's tweeter made horrible noises and buzzing, again, regardless of the eq settings. but one of them sounded excellent. so if you get that i suggest getting it at a store.

4. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Behringer products are built to be "reasonably priced", quality be damned. Fine if you're on a budget and are going to use them for home practice, etc., but if you plan on driving their amps hard with a band, odds are they'll give up the ghost. Just my opinion, and I'm entitled to it. ;)

5. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    I've heard nothing but reliability problems with them. My friend also had the 60 watt version and that gave up the ghost as well.