1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How's the Brice fretless line?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MirageBass, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Let me preface this: I did a search through the threads, but never found anything for these two basses.

I'm leaving for college soon, so I'm treating myself to another bass (I only have my Geddy for mainstream stuff and my old 5-string yamaha, which is nice, but it was my first bass, and I preferred the Ged). So, I figure I'll go for a 6-string fretless instead of the 4 I was thinking of, because

A. I love how they look,
    B. I'll be able to play faithful Claypool/Jaco, and
    C. I can have that extended range if I need it.

Being a frugal pre-collegiate, I've decided to try the Brice HXB-406, because Rondo has a good reputation, the reviews I've seen are mostly positive, and it's only three hundred semolians!

I'm going to place an order for either the Nat Spalted or the Bubinga, and I just wanted to clear with you guys that these are going to be good basses for the price. I think I'm going to order the Nat Spalted (I like the way it looks more), and there's not too much of a difference between the two.

Any suggestions/comments before I place an order? Also, I hear that people have the tendency to modify Rondo basses with custom pups and such. I'm not sure if I'll have the cash, so are the defaults good? And if I should mod it, in your opinion, what would be good to go with?

Thanks a bunch.

2. jady

jady

Jul 21, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    PM pointbass......

Ed has seen a lot of these basses, he does/did live nearby when they had a brick and mortar store.

3. vtwo

vtwo

Dec 16, 2006
    Connecticut
    My stock jazz is a little noisy, but that's expected of the single coils. Good bass for the price - no complaints really. Part of me wishes I got a Squier, but I don't really care. :p