1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hows the Fretless Sound on Boss ME 20B ? ME 50B?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by davidcitizen, May 25, 2011.

1. davidcitizen

davidcitizen

May 17, 2011
    hi, i'm thinking of getting an effect that will make my fender precision w emg pickups (80's) sound more like a fretless (note i didn't say sound exactly like a fretless.)

any feedback on these two multi effect units , or others for good/great fretless effects, would be greatly appreciated.

2. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    I know Roland recycles a lot of their effects across units, so while I have only used the fretless effect in the BR-900CD recorder the ones in the ME boxes are probably similar.

It sounds to me like they roll off the attack of the note a bit, use it with some chorus and it's passable. But since I own a fretless bass, I never use it ;)

3. Chowowbus

Chowowbus

Mar 24, 2009
    Olympia WA
    Brian summed it up nicley!

4. cavemanbass

cavemanbass

Nov 5, 2010
    I tried the 'defretter' sound on a Boss multi fx, did not sound like fretless to me. Only fretted bass to get fl sound that I've tried is the Line 6 Variax bass. Not what you're looking for probably, but really cool bass I wish they were still making and improving on it.