Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How's this for a bass case?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Joris, Nov 8, 2000.

1. Check out my newly made custom flight case! Its polyurethane (spray foam) interior perfectly fits my (also custom) bass, and only that particular bass, so it's completely shock proof, and very much isolated from cold and heat. I've yet to take a picture of the interior, which isn't completely finished yet.

[​IMG]

2. Sorry Joris, I'm gonna have to move this to the "Cases" forum. Oh, wait!

That's a nice case. Do you have a pic of the bass that fits into it? :D

3. Joris,
    Who made your case? I'm looking for a case for my F Bass
    BN5. I have an Anvil flight case that it fits, but the case weighs
    25 lbs alone. How much does yours
    weigh? It looks great! Thanks, Bob

4. mark

mark

Apr 7, 2000
    Canada
    Sorry to stray off topic but what do you think of that F Bass. I was watching some jazz band on tv and their bass player was playing one and it sounded beautiful.

5. awesome man.. wanna make me one.. uh.. for free? =) it could be my christmas present =) hehe

-Willz

6. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    what about the weight?
    Is it heavy?

7. Dear Mark,
    You've got to play one. I
    Had a Rick, Fenders, Lakland, Musicman. I played MTD, Zon, Modulus, Elrick. The F Bass has
    "It" the others did not. They were really,really good, but not great.
    I went to the store to buy the Elrick, and came home with the F Bass. I knew it before I plugged it in. Bring your bass with you,
    scrounge up some $$, and drive where ever you got to. It will
    bring you into a new world. I will keep mine.
    BTW we did some live rcording,
    and I went straight DI. The sound was scary! No compression, no miking, no nothing. Play On ,Bob

8. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Actually, I'd be interested in one too.My Pedulla isn't as fancy as an F bass, but it's no Jay Turser either...:D

Will C.:cool:

9. I heard Rapture 2000- was it? in a demonstration for Aguilar.That bass was really nice, but it was after the fact. The bass was a 5 string, burst, w/maple board. This
    bass had "It". I wonder if they are consistant from bass to bass.
    The F Bass is the same idea, but
    more versitile, and hand made everything but the hardware. I hope you get to try one.- Later.

10. I made it! I mean, I made the case myself. I make everything myself. Cost: about 100 US$. Unfortunaletly, it weighs about 20 lbs, and I don't think a case that stirdy can be made ultra light. It's made of 9,5 mm plywood, and nailed and glued with polyurethane glue (the heavy duty stuff). The weight wasn't a consideration. Protection was. The bass (which is not my only one, but it is my main one) cost me about $1500, which is (apart from my car) my most valuable possesion, which obviously needed good protection. A picture of it can be found in the "meet the family" thread by John Turner, 2nd page, shud ya B innerestid.

No, I won't make one for anyone else. Unless you wanna pay $300 or so for it, shipping excluded (I'm a Dutchman).

11. Zjarrett

Zjarrett

Sep 17, 2000
    uhh hehe whats an F bass? oh yea and absolutely awesome case up top nice work there

12. mark

mark

Apr 7, 2000
    Canada
    F basses are a Canadian made, semi-costom instrument. They're called F Bass because or their creator George Furlanetto. I don't know much more about them....heard one on tv, sounded beautiful. Hopefully someone here can tell you more.

13. I have owned a 5 string fretless F bass for about ten years. It is hands down the best fretless I have ever played. George's basses have a sound and feel that no other bass has. They are made in Hamilton, Ontario Canada. I have used my bass on many recording sessions and it sits in the mix perfectly. In fact I often get offers from the engineers to buy it! These basses are not cheap but worth every penny.

14. noise

noise Guest

Oct 23, 2000
    Berkeley, CA
    That thing looks awesome! And $100 is a darn fine price for peace of mind.

Where did you get the edge metal? Do you find that in your local super-hardware store?

--noise

15. The flightcase accessories come from the shop I buy all my electronics stuff, Electra, in a nearby town Breda. In the same town is a flightcase and sound system building company (Matrix) which keeps those things in good stock, and imports them. On the Net you can find several companies that sell the stuff, too. In Holland that is, don't know about US.

Later.

16. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    While we're on the subject of cases, which companies make good hard shell cases?