Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How's this for a deal!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Halftooth, Apr 2, 2003.

1. Halftooth

Halftooth Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    I just received my most recent ebay purchase today. It was a Ken Smith CRV Pro 5 with a Bubinga front and back, and Mac Ebony board. I bought it for the BIN price of $1250. When I saw the add, I thought there must be something wrong with it. Then I read that it was in mint condition. I decided to pull the trigger, and bought it. Well, I've been keeping my fingers crossed the past week hoping that this bass was truely mint like stated. Finally today it came to my door step and when I opened it, I was elated becase there wasn't a mark on it, and it appeared that it was hardly played! I plugged it in, and it plays sweet. The seller was very cool and honest as well. I guess for every ebay horror story, there's also a positive one. Here's a link to the auction http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2518169454&category=4713. Better pics will be coming soon.

2. Killdar

Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    ooooohhh...sweeet!

sound clips would be nice too if ya can

3. As the sun sets

As the sun sets Guest

Dec 10, 2002
    N. Easton, MA
    nice!

4. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    niiiiiiiice deal dude. call me jealous!

5. Danny R.

Danny R. Supporting Member

Nice bass!! congrats man;)

6. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    yeah good deal man.. I like it.. if you don't decide you like it.. i'll give you $3.50 for it

7. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Nice. I saw that option and thought that somebody was gonna make a real nice score. Yup, I'm psychic.

Peace,

James

8. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that the CR stands for Chuck Rainey. Nice bass. Nicer price.