Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How's this for funky bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tsal, Jun 7, 2001.

1. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    I just got home from post office with my new baby, pearl snow white Yamaha BBG5S :D

Couldn't get my hands on any digicam but here's a lousy pic from lmmusic.com:
    [​IMG]

It's an active 5'er with 2-band EQ, and the finish is just awesome! They don't call it pearl snow for nothing; it's white finish with pearl flakes so it looks like there's snow under the surface(that pic just looks it has dark spots but it's actually even finish) . Great punchy tone and the spacing is just a tad smaller than on my BBN4F. For 400 bucks, this is one great bass :)

This would be cheaper version of the white bass that Nathan East plays on Eric Claptons latest video BTW.

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Play that funky music, white boy :D

3. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    AWESOME!!!! Great looking bass. Yamaha BB series are very under rated. IMO, These basses are much better playing, feeling & sounding than the Fender MIM series. Good luck & congrats!!!!

4. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    El Pimpo Grande!!!!

I had a BB3000S as my 1st serious bass. I had it longer than any other. Black with all gold and mother of pearl inlay. Loved it (looks + tone + feel). Highly endorse. This is a sexy model.

"I saw that pimp come in here last night...and boy was he mad!"

5. Me like......

Come to Funkula..........