How's this going to sound (If you know)?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fourstringbliss, May 28, 2005.

1. fourstringbliss

fourstringbliss Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    How's this going to sound volume and tone wise?

Behringer 3000T + 8 ohm Avatar B410 Pro

roughly 200w into 8 ohms

Here's the data on the amp: Behringer 3000T

Here's the data on the cab: Avatar B410 Pro
  2. Joe Beets

Joe Beets Guest

Nov 21, 2004
    It is going to sound weak. :meh:
  3. In the new department, the Behringer head and Avatar cab can't be beat.

Why an 8 ohm cab? Planning on getting a 1x15 or something?

Used market, you could probably do better, but if used isn't a good option, that combo (pun unintended) can't be beat.
  4. Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    You'd much better with a Hartke 3500 series head. Very versitile and much better quality than the Behringer, you can order it with an Avatar as a package too
  5. fourstringbliss

fourstringbliss Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    I already own the Behringer head. I know they're not the best, but I'm doing this thing in pieces and I couldn't afford much. Now I need to get a cabinet for it. I had thought about getting an Avatar B212 4 ohm cab (since I don't think I need more than one cab right now) but when I was searching for used Avatars I found the 8 ohm B410 Pro for about the same price as a new B212. What should I do? If only the 410 were 4 ohm! Which would sound better with this amp?
  6. Go for it. It will be fine.
  7. Marcus Willett

Marcus Willett Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2005
    Palm Bay, FL
    Endorsing Artist: Bag End - Dean Markley - Thunderfunk
    It'll sound OK.

Got an Avatar and that head that I use sometimes. The Avatar will sound much better with Gary Avrett's improved crossover...there's a thread about it on TB. When I use the head, I usually bypass the preamp and run straight into the power amp section with the output of my Platinum Pro DI. Again, it'll sound OK. Not great, not crap...OK. I would take that cab and pick up a used GK head or something tho. A used 400RB would be about the same price, almost as much power and sound a lot better.

The VU meter looks cool tho. :p