Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How's this going to sound (If you know)?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fourstringbliss, May 28, 2005.

1. How's this going to sound volume and tone wise?

Behringer 3000T + 8 ohm Avatar B410 Pro

roughly 200w into 8 ohms

Here's the data on the amp: Behringer 3000T

Here's the data on the cab: Avatar B410 Pro

2. Joe Beets

Joe Beets Guest

Nov 21, 2004
    It is going to sound weak. :meh:

3. In the new department, the Behringer head and Avatar cab can't be beat.

Why an 8 ohm cab? Planning on getting a 1x15 or something?

Used market, you could probably do better, but if used isn't a good option, that combo (pun unintended) can't be beat.

4. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    You'd much better with a Hartke 3500 series head. Very versitile and much better quality than the Behringer, you can order it with an Avatar as a package too

5. I already own the Behringer head. I know they're not the best, but I'm doing this thing in pieces and I couldn't afford much. Now I need to get a cabinet for it. I had thought about getting an Avatar B212 4 ohm cab (since I don't think I need more than one cab right now) but when I was searching for used Avatars I found the 8 ohm B410 Pro for about the same price as a new B212. What should I do? If only the 410 were 4 ohm! Which would sound better with this amp?

6. Go for it. It will be fine.

7. Marcus Willett

Marcus Willett Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2005
    Palm Bay, FL
    Endorsing Artist: Bag End - Dean Markley - Thunderfunk
    It'll sound OK.

Got an Avatar and that head that I use sometimes. The Avatar will sound much better with Gary Avrett's improved crossover...there's a thread about it on TB. When I use the head, I usually bypass the preamp and run straight into the power amp section with the output of my Platinum Pro DI. Again, it'll sound OK. Not great, not crap...OK. I would take that cab and pick up a used GK head or something tho. A used 400RB would be about the same price, almost as much power and sound a lot better.

The VU meter looks cool tho. :p