Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hows This People

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TaySte_2000, Apr 13, 2002.

1. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Well after posting a couple of questions and not really getting any ideas I decided to ask my uncle (Who is a DJ) what sort of stuff he can get hold of
    We threw around a few ideas and this is what we came up with.
    A crossover into a DOD 30 band eq 15 bands each side so gives me different tonal controls over the highs and lows then in to a stereo 1000w peavey and out into a 2 x 10 and a 1 x 12 or 1 x 15 not decided yet. Oh and a power conditioner for it all.
    This set up will cost me about $700 and will be in a rack with some shelfs for my pedals.
    $700 in total with the rack as well.
    With the cross over and poweramp I can have all my low notes come out of the 12 or 15 and all my highs out of the 10's
    Yes I know it's not made for bass but it's this or a peavey tko for the same price.
    Will all this work I know theres no pre amp but the crossover and eq should do the same job shouldn't they.

Thoughts people is this a good set up????

Thanx in advance.

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Sounds cool, the tubeheads would hate it of course, but for clean power it's a good setup.

3. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp