1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

How's Your Sansamp BDDI Set?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Gatlin, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Gatlin

Gatlin

Sep 22, 2016
    Ellisville, MS
    For those of you who use a Sansamp BDDI where are your knobs generally set? I've been playing around with different sounds lately and am just curious what other guys are doing. Here's mine although this past weekend I turned the blend up to about 75%.

sansamp settings.

BrentSimons likes this.
  2. mattattack187

mattattack187 Bass Enthusiast Supporting Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Ellsworth, ME
    You have the V2 which I'm not really a fan of. Still prefer the original. On my V1 I run

blend: 12
    bass: 10
    treble: 10:30
    drive: 11
    presence: 1
    level: unity

With those settings I get a clean sound with a touch of dirt when I dig in. Also with that setting I still have midrange coming through the signal.

3. Meyatch

Meyatch Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    I'm at about level 1 oclock, blend 1 oclock, treble 8 oclock, bass 8 oclock, drive 1 oclock, presense 11 oclock.

4. acemeatsgirl

acemeatsgirl

Aug 23, 2017
    i use the v1 bddi with alpha omega. settings are all at noon. and sometimes I tweak the presence to 2 oclock.

5. crguti

crguti

Feb 14, 2011
    Smurf Village
    Where to set the mid knob in te v2 to match the v1?

BrentSimons likes this.
  6. I've wondered that myself. I would imagine it is noon? No cut or boost but maybe Tech 21 will chime in.
    Brent

7. lz4005

lz4005

Oct 22, 2013
    Mine isn't used as an always-on pedal, so my settings will be very different from most. I use it as a clean EQ for chords on two songs my fusion band does live.
    Level at unity, blend off, drive off, bass at 10:00, treble at 2:00, presence at noon.

8. tech21nyc

tech21nyc Commercial User

Aug 17, 2010
    Manufacturer: Tech 21
    With the V2 Bass Driver DI, setting the midrange to about 11 o'clock is the proper position to match the sound of the version 1.

Settings are dependent on a number of different factors. Your instrument, type of pickups, playing style and what the unit is plugged into. Our sample settings in the manual were done with a vintage Fender P Bass directly into a mixer through near field monitors. These settings are to give you an idea of the sounds and to give you a starting point. If you are using a different bass and running into an amp that has already had its tone controls set a certain way, chances are the settings in the manual and any other recommended settings will not translate.

9. See? Now that's customer service! :)
    Thank you chiming in Tech 21.
    Brent

Al Kraft likes this.