HTML code help, please?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Sheep Man, Sep 26, 2002.

1. I've uploaded a 15 second Quicktime clip to my web site [], but I don't know how to get it to play in the window or open in a new one, or open up Quicktime player and play it. I know the < a href="***.mov" > code doesn't work, because that's what I've already tried. :p

Can any of you help me out with this? Otherwise I'm going to have to start emailing the (really, REALLY retarded) video to people who want to see it, which would kinda suck... :p
  2. embed src="" height=120 width=160

put that between the < > tags.

you could add controller=false and /or autoplay=true to it...

3. Schweet.
    So if I want it to open in a new window that I titled "new" for all my pictures & stuff, then would I put
    embed src="" height=120 width=160 target="new"
    between the < > tags?
  4. Secksay

Secksay Guest

Sep 6, 2002
    New York, NY
    To open it in a new window you need to link to the quicktime movie, or a page with the quicktime movie and then place the target="_blank" into the link href call.
  5. Hmmm...
    ok, I just tried it and the embed src code ain't workin' for me.

And how can I tell the dimensions of the original video, if I don't want to use 120x160?

I've also noticed that when I click the little "view" link in my Geocities file manager, it doesn't show, either. Any ideas?
  6. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Huh says a what and a who?
  7. Silly Jazzbo, HTML is for kids!

8. Hey Mister Sheep Man,

I think what you're looking for can be found here:

(OBJECT CLASSID="clsid:02BF25D5-8C17-4B23-BC80-D3488ABDDC6B" WIDTH="160"
    HEIGHT="144" CODEBASE="")
    (PARAM name="SRC" VALUE="")
    (PARAM name="AUTOPLAY" VALUE="true")
    (PARAM name="CONTROLLER" VALUE="false")
    (EMBED SRC="" WIDTH="160" HEIGHT="144" AUTOPLAY="true"

replace the ()-brackets with the HTML-ones. This will however not open the movie in a new window - you'll need Javascript for this. PM or mail me if you need more help if you like.

See you,
  9. Wait, if that's like...the "embed" code, couldn't I just put that in one page, and then link to it and have it open in a new window?
  10. Yep, you can, but with a target="_blank" the new window size will be just like the one where you put the link. I suppose that's not what you want.

&lt;a href="#" onclick="'PAGE_WITH_EMBED_AND_STUFF.HTML','JustAName','width=300,height=100');return false;"&gt;

^ this is your friend, I hope ;-)

11. Egad!
    That looks complicated...

But I'm about to go amp-(window?)shopping with my bro, so I'll take a closer look at this when I get back. :p
  12. Ok, now that I'm back...
    I don't understand that stuff, gero_.

I'm looking and looking...but I still don't quite understand it, like what do I put in place of the # and what's that...
  13. Secksay

Secksay Guest

Sep 6, 2002
    New York, NY
    What you need to use in your href is this:

Just copy and paste that exactly how it appears (it should be all on one line, the wordwrap is funky here)

Replace the 'Mypage.html' with the name of the html file with your movie embedded in it. Clicking on this link will open a plain popup window without any of the bells and wistles with a width of 760 pixels and height of 505 pixels. (simply change these values to whatever you want)