Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Huge practice "room"

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by l0calh05t, Nov 3, 2002.

1. Yesterday my band practiced in a garage...

...nothing unusual about that, except that the "garage" I am talking about was one of those huge subterranian garages (How do you call them in the US ? :confused: ) , and we had it all for ourselves !!! :eek: :p :cool:

What was the largest practice "room" where you ever practiced?

2. the guitarist's dad that I jam with is a minister in a church about a mile away.

Could pack about 130 peeps ;)

3. Brooks

Brooks

Apr 4, 2000
    Middle East
    We practice in my basement. Had a party there last Thursday... 120 people, and there was room for more :)

4. pigpen02

pigpen02

Mar 24, 2002
    my old guitarist was a night time security guard at a huge office building, so we set up in the lobby: fountains, a couple of elevators. i had a wireless and played up on the third floor, as the center was open in the building.

5. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    40+ acre field at my house, lotsa people, outside though...so I guess it's not a room...

6. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    A place called the Oriental Ballroom, which is part of a local Legion. You could easily seat 1000 people there. I also played a gig there once.

I've practiced in some auditoruims also.

7. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    this one goes to misc... moved.

8. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

We played in a friends dusty, filthy warehouse once. Our rehearsals were, disgusting and filthy. But it was a place to play.

the warehouse was "so very huge".

9. icks

icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    a 100 person class room at school .....
    Improvised duo with my guitarist....
    We rock the class !

By the way "CE" rocks at the "ISEC"