Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

HUGE TRADE GONE BAD

Discussion in 'Classifieds Usage Discussion and Help' started by dharmashawn, May 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dharmashawn

dharmashawn Owner, Handlebar Moustache Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Connecticut
    JPATA has just "stolen" my Clement # 203 by trading me a Minty Dingwall that not only doesn't have Fanned Frets, but NO frets from 9 on........it also says IBANEZ on the headstock

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f126/fs-feeler-clement-32-fretted-4-string-881242/

Address is a legit home in WA State

JPATA sent a beater bass so bad I will not take pics to show my utter humiliation. I am DHARMA, but I am beside myself with rage and anger.

Suggestions?

2. acronym

acronym

May 24, 2012
    Cmon you need to show pics at least.

3. nutdog

nutdog

Feb 19, 2009
    In the dog house.
    Just looked at your FS thread. Trading cross country with a new non-supporting member with no feedback and an empty profile took more intestinal fortitude than I could muster.

Beautiful Clement. My condolences.

4. dharmashawn

Oct 20, 2010
    Connecticut
    Message from me to JPATA

That is fine brother, I must admit though I am definitely nervous about trading ($1,000 instrument) with the super fresh (month active/ 10 post) member. I am pretty sure you could understand that. All goes smoothly and I will talk you up and help you out in any way I can (sale bumps, comments, etc).

Well, we are getting close here and I will be playing my Clement for the last time today as I finish up cleaning and prepping.

Have a good one Bubba!!

5. dharmashawn

Oct 20, 2010
    Connecticut
    JAPTA to me

All I can really say is thank you very much for being willing to work with me on this. Everyone has to start somewhere right? If you look at the "modulus mob" thread on page 3 'rogerbmiller' sang me a little praise if that helps haha sold him a quantum 4 fretless (which I reeeeeeally wish I still had as a matter of fact )
    But yes, thank you verrrrry much. I'm really enjoying tb thusfar and must say its great to be a part of such a closeknit community
    I too am saying my sweet goodbyes to my dingy and getting her cleaned up for the last time. I just gotta keep reminding myself of the clement

6. Tanner5382

Tanner5382 Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Canton, GA
    Jeez, man! That sucks! I really hope this all gets worked out!

7. mdogs

mdogs Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2010
    Cary, Il
    You really need to at least post what type of bass he sent to you. I assume the bass that was agreed upon was the Dingwall from the original thread?

8. Infidelity

Infidelity

Jan 14, 2010
    Lake Worth, FL
    This is sad but if you have a physical address/phone mumber that's the only way to start for now..

9. Ricky Caboverde

Ricky Caboverde Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Post some pics. Maybe its not as bad a trade as you think. The ABZ4 sells for more than twice what you wanted for the Clement...if the ABZ is a dinged up, it's still a beater that's worth quite a bit....plus Dingwall's always have a good following so you could easily find someone interested in trading with you.
    Please post pics :)

10. My thoughts precisely. A dingwall in bad condition MAY be a fair trade for your Clement.

- Did you see photos of the Dingwall before hand?
    - Do you think the photos were misleading?
    - Have you tried to work out anything with JPATA?

11. dharmashawn

Oct 20, 2010
    Connecticut
    Dude it is a de-fretted Ibanez Long Hair Metal Bass (no offense Metal Gods). He full acknowledged the trade up and I was really low balling the Clement to Move it. I had way more than $825 into her

12. 3506string

3506string

Nov 18, 2004
    Lawton, OK
    A google of JPATA brings up a band called John Paul and the Apostles located in Seattle.

13. if he sent you a bass in return, then he actually didnt steal your bass. he may have pulled one over on you, but it was more of a case of deceit instead of theft, if that is indeed the case.

14. tylerwylie

tylerwylie

Jan 5, 2008
    Roswell, GA
    AKA fraud.

15. dharmashawn

Oct 20, 2010
    Connecticut
    lil compassion?

16. hdracer

hdracer

Feb 15, 2009
    Elk River, MN.
    Contact John Turner. He may be able to help you.

17. and after reading the latest posts, that does appear to be the case. im really sorry to hear that. i know how scary it is to send an expensive instrument to someone you dont know, and to then trust them to be honest and hold up their end of the deal.

18. dharmashawn

Oct 20, 2010
    Connecticut
    YUPPERZ :hyper:

19. acronym

acronym

May 24, 2012
    ^What the hell is that?.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.