1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

HUGE variety of used (but not abused) strings.

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by seang15, Apr 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seang15

seang15

Aug 28, 2008
    Cary NC
    I noticed quite a few threads re: people that seem to like played-in strings, and had an idea! :hyper: Yep, you guessed it...gonna sell my strings.

I was going to do this:

http://www.tunemybass.com/string/bass_string_cleaning_tube.html

But perhaps you can do the same! :bassist:

Disclaimer: The strings in these packages don't necessarily jibe with the label! If I went to DR from Carvin, I'd just put the Carvin strings into the DR packaging, if that makes sense. (Chances are, all the strings you see here are represented!) The D'Addario boxes are double-packages too, and I believe there are (2) sets in there.

There are a few NEW strings here too (singles): There are Rotosound Black Tape-wound strings (low-B, high-C) for instance. Not sure of the others, may be one or two others. (I remember a Victor Wooten (Fodera) Low-B not being used.)

So, yes...there are Victor Wooten strings here (probably ~5 sets), and similar gauges of D'Addario strings (very light, 30-50-70-90 I believe). There are medium-heavier strings (DR, Carvin, SIT, GHS etc.) Rotosounds (Swing), goes on. See pic :)

Thanks for looking guys!

Oh, $55 shipped Continental US!! THANKS!

EDIT: Note: Other than the Black tapes, these are ALL Rounds, thanks.

Regards,
    Sean

Attached Files:

2. bolophonic

bolophonic

Dec 10, 2009
    Durham, NC
    What scale length and headstock style are these cut for?

3. seang15

seang15

Aug 28, 2008
    Cary NC
    Hey, Durham!

Mixed bag. Ibanez ATK Mostly (2+2), six strings: one a 35.25", the other a 34", but both 3+3. One or two may be Fender J. The Vic Wootens are all ATK. HTH thanks for the interest.

Edit: note that I usually cut them fairly long. I oftentimes put the ATKs strings on J basses no issues.

4. seang15

seang15

Aug 28, 2008
    Cary NC
    Morning Bump.

5. seang15

seang15

Aug 28, 2008
    Cary NC
    This is like fifty cents a string, from somebody who doesn't like to play them that long bump!

6. seang15

seang15

Aug 28, 2008
    Cary NC
    Or less than fitty cent per string :)

Several sets of Wootens.

7. InternetAlias

InternetAlias

Dec 16, 2010
    Serbia
    Man, I'd buy this off you if I were anywhere near USA :D

8. seang15

seang15

Aug 28, 2008
    Cary NC
    Thanks for the interest! Can't believe these are still here. Like I have cooties or something. :rollno:

9. InternetAlias

InternetAlias

Dec 16, 2010
    Serbia
    Maybe it's just that people have no idea what they'd do with so many old strings. Didn't it occur to you that if someone likes dead strings, they wouldn't need tens of sets? Maybe it'd work out better if you divided the offer into parts, 55$ is nothing, but there are probably people who wouldn't know what to do with so many old strings so they refrain from buying.

10. seang15

seang15

Aug 28, 2008
    Cary NC
    Maybe? Thanks for the reply. I guess that's a decent enough idea. There are like (5) Wooten sets, may have mentioned that :) and a few new tapewounds. And the others are fairly new, I like them bright so I change them often. (I have 10 basses, so these haven't been sitting around forever or anything.)

Thanks again for the bump! :hyper:

11. seang15

seang15

Aug 28, 2008
    Cary NC
    CLOSED.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.