Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

huges and kettner

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fleanut, Jan 2, 2002.

1. any one know what these cabs and amps are like, havent had a chance to plug in to one. In interested in the 412 and 410 especially. so if any of you guys have had experence here. please to do tell us about it.

2. I only know that Fieldy from KoRn uses one.
    :D

3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Wow, I never imagined that Fieldy and Jeff Berlin would have something in common. :D

H&K make very nice gear.

4. Matthias

Matthias

May 30, 2000
    Vienna, Austria
    Their BassBase heads are very nice sounding and good quality gear - I have the BassBase 400 and like it very much.
    I don't know their cabs - the 'pro-level' cabs (called BassCustom) are said to sound fine too (good reviews in German magazines) but are quite heavy (410: 47kg/105lbs). BTW I haven't heard of a 4x12 bass cab by H&K so far.

Their cheaper stuff is average, I suppose...

I've also tested the BassForce combo in a shop and did not like it at all - in direct comparison, the Warwick CL and CCL sounded much better, at least to MY ears. However the BassForce was voted 'combo of the year' at the Musikmesse Frankfurt 2001 (or 2000?).

Just my 2 Euro-Cents,
    Matthias

5. ihixulu

ihixulu Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2000
    getting warmer
    I own a BassBase 400 and I push a BC410 cab with it. The cab is definitely a rock cab, can push HUGE lows, enough to make anyone within 50 yards vomit if you're not careful. IMO, it has the best horn on the market, extremely over engineered, doesn't spit when you use a distortion pedal. Bottom line, it has a very good unique sound.

-BUT-

The f_cker is huge and heavy. The handles are in goofy places making it very difficult to move by yourself. I recently bought an Aguilar cab because it is easier to move and its lowend response was close (still not as ARENA-like) to the H&K. I still use it for practice and recording.

6. Matthias

Matthias

May 30, 2000
    Vienna, Austria
    Further more those cabs are available with an impedance of 8Ohms only - so you would need two of them to utilize the full power of your amp (unless you have an all tube head) - better get some roadies too... :D

They really look VERY impressive though...

Matthias