Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hugher & Kettner BassForce L.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Alexvs, Apr 6, 2001.

1. Alexvs

Alexvs

Oct 18, 2000
    Kalmar, Sweden
    Is H&Ks BassForce any good? How does it sound? I'm going to use it mostly at home and maybe in rehearsals and at smaller gigs, playing mostly jazz, funk and stuff like that. I would like an amp with a tight, warm sound, and it doesn't need to be very loud.
    BassForce L is the one with 100 watts and a 15" speaker.
    I can get it for a good price, 150$ under list price....

2. Mackie Messer

Mackie Messer

Sep 6, 2000
    I had a BassForce XXL, which is the largest version with 300w and 15" speaker. The sound is excellent, great tone. I had absolutely no problem with the performance at all. I bought it last year mainly because it was the best price for the power - and I live in Germany where they are made, so it was much cheaper than in the US. I sold it for several reasons - I originally wanted a Roland DB 500 or 700, but didn't want to shell out the bucks, and they were very expensive last year when they came out, especially here. I later regretted not coming up with the money and getting what I really wanted. Also, I did not really like the unconventional shape of the BassForce - it was difficult to get into my sedan. I also didn't care for the red color or the foam rubber covering over the speaker. (H&K must have disliked this too, because the new models are black with a strong steel mesh covering the speaker.) The L version may not give you problems due to the shape, cause it is smaller. Another reason I sold it is because I just happened to meet someone who wanted the exact model I had, and at the same time found a used DB700 for a decent price. So I am now happy.

To sum up, the performance of the H&K is flawless - it was just the package I didn't like. It is a matter of taste. Hope this helps you decide.

Mackie Messer