Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

hughes and kettner 350 tube head and 1x15

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by whiteout, Feb 9, 2003.

1. from the hughes and kettner website...

"Like the BassForce XL and XXL, this bass amp comes complete with the ground-breaking EQ Matrix. It allows players to call up four settings of a 31-band EQ at the flick of a switch. In addition to its obvious advantages such as the parametric EQ and DynaClip power amp, the many unseen details are what set the BassForce XXL Head and its stunning sounds apart. The fundamental tone typical of the amp-warm, deep, bottom-end response, striking mids, and finely drawn high end-is the product of new preamp circuitry that delivers harmonic, easily manageable tube growl even at threshold levels. The three-band EQ section is designed specifically to address the frequency ranges that are critical to different types of bass tone. It enables the EQ Matrix presets to be fine-tuned to taste, or very individual amp sounds to be dialed in."

- 300W, 8 Ohm, Dynaclip, 4-fach EQ Matrix, 3 Band EQ with param. mids

along with it I have the matching 1x15 cabinet, rated at 200W at 8 Ohms. the cabinet is very light but doesnt lack the heavy bottom end. Ill sell them together or seperate.

cabinet - $200
    head - $600
    together - $700

Im also interested in any sort of trade, a bass, a cab, a head, anything. if my offer sounds unfair or outlandish to anyone please just let me know, Im a reasonable guy and I dont want to be unfair in any way, I just want to pass on a good amp and cabinet here, so if you feel confident in a different price or a trade, dont hesitate to make an offer. I really dont want to take this down to the guitar trader or put it on the bay, so I thought Id give it a try here. email me with any questions or concerns. mattcash@bellsouth.net . right now I only have stock pictures, but if anyone finds them self interested I will do my best to get a digi cam and snap any specific shots for you. thanks!

[​IMG]

- matt

2. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Any pics, info or pricing might be helpful.

3. hey brad, that any better? sorry about the stock photo, thats all I have for now.
    -matt

4. burp. i mean bump.

5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Do you do Paypal?

Have you ever played a bass with a low B through the cabinet?

H&K's website is woefully bereft of specs.

6. embellisher,
    man, no kidding about the hk website. when I bought the head and cabinet, it was basically out of reputation and talking to people I knew who had one. I had never even played one myself. anyway, I dont have a paypal account, but this is good motivation for me to finally get hip and get one, I would have no problem with that at all. I havent played through the cab with a low b, but I have played it with dropped D and heard it used by a friend with dropped C, both sounded really full on the "rock" and "finger" settings on the head, and I was pleasantly surprised. however, if you'd like, I could try to get a hold of a fiver and run it through for you, let me know. I mean, if youre serious about wanting it, Id be willing. shoot me an email at mattcash@bellsouth.net for anything else, I hope this was helpful.

7. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I am definitely buying an amp and cabinet in the next two weeks. I still haven't made a final decision which one, but yours is in the running.

That is an 8 ohm cab, so I would probably add a 2x10 as well to get more punch.

If you get a chance to play a five through it, let me know.

8. good call with the 2x10. the original idea was to buy the whole stack, but I could never find the 4x10. oh well. just the single 15 sounds really good, but if I were going to keep it, I would definately add on and put either a 2x10, a 2x12, or a 4x10. If I dont get a chancee to play a fiver through it, Id still tell you to feel comfortable about it, because Ive played some low and heavy music on it. Ill do my best though, and if not, Ill just throw on some thick strings and detune and give a good listen, so I can at least honestly tell you how it sounds. good luck with the hunt, keep me posted.
    -matt

9. both are still here. name a good price or trade and its yours, or else its going down to the guitar trader.
    - matt

10. stingray96191

stingray96191

Jul 27, 2001
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Unofficially Endorsing Ernie Ball Music Man Guitars
    Would You Be Interisted In trading For A Music Man Stingray 5 String, or A Fretless American Fender Jazz Bass? I am interisted in talking. thelemmiwinks@yahoo.com Put Aaron, in the subject.

Thanks

Aaron Payne