Hughes and Kettner BassBase 400 head and BC410 cabinet - $750

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by ihixulu, Aug 1, 2002.

1. ihixulu

ihixulu Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2000
    getting warmer
    A nice powerful rig with a fat tone (Larry Graham and Bootsy Collins are users, dig?).

The head is a 400W tube pre/MOSFET power, 2U height unit, featuring a broad tonal palette, definitely favoring the warm side of things. I've successfully used it on pop, folk, funk and rock gigs. And it looks cool.

The cab is an 8ohm 600W 410 with horn, very low extention, never burped or farted even with a fiver tuned down to A. The construction is over the top, typical German engineering, more solid than any cab I've played (Even my Aguilar 410). However, it's HEAVY. I'm not kidding, it's probably about 115 lbs.

Head is in good condition cosmetically, perfect functionally. The cab has some blemishes on the carpet (worn spots, some scuffing) but nothing too severe. All drivers and horn are intact and sound great. Oh yeah, it's BLUE!

Power cord and Speakon cable included.

I've got more info and pictures posted here:

"So, dude, if it's so great, how come you're selling?"

Glad you asked. I have a second kid coming and I am finishing up school. Owning two complete rigs is a luxury I can no longer afford and seeing as how this one is basically living room furniture at this point, I want to see it get back out and work. I know I'll miss it but oh well...

I'd prefer a sale in the New England area; I'm willing to deliver to RI and other points about an hour from Boston. If you're serious, I will arrange for shipping with the buyer covering the cost of services agreed upon.

Thanks for looking :cool:
  2. TheFish

Jun 19, 2002