Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

hughes and kettner

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 7, Aug 15, 2001.

1. 7

Dec 23, 2000
    ive just bought the second half to my full stack from h&k today (baseforce xl combo & 4x10 matching cab) and after playing it in practice with my band i love how this thing sounds the cab alone sounds great then combine it with the 15 in the combo and i could take down my singers house with it ive got a gig friday so im gonna see how it handles outside, (and the other guitar player will be there he was gone today)

2. ihixulu

ihixulu Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2000
    getting warmer
    Hi 7,

Which cab is it? I have been going through a BassBase 400 and the BC410 cab now for about 2 months and am extremely happy with the setup. I am in the process of selling my SWR rig because I find I have no use for it anymore.

It's too bad H&K isn't better known here. Maybe once the Euro settles down it won't be so expensive.

Have fun at the show!

3. 7

Dec 23, 2000
    no i got the br410 which is the cheaper modle that handles less power but my amp cant put out that much so its working for me

4. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    H&K seems to be really nice stuff... I hear a lot more guitarists talking about it than bassists though.

I've never tried any of their stuff myself... But it seems like it'd be quite reliable, and all.

I'm glad you both are happy with it. What's it sound like? Punchy? Bright? Warm?

:)