Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hughes&Kettner 4x10 BC cabs?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by RealBK, Nov 26, 2002.

1. RealBK

RealBK

Feb 8, 2002
    Hi anyone know if these bass cabs are any good? they have a fair price tag on them. I seen Norwood Fisher using them not so long ago.

2. ihixulu

ihixulu Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2000
    getting warmer
    I own one and am seeking to sell it (see below)

It is a phenominally built cab. The bracing is top notch, the crossover panel has its own compartment separated from the speakers.

Soundwise I'd say it has a very full low, and an emphasis in the hi mids courtesy of the whizzer cones on the 10's. The horn is very musical, as good if not better than my Aguilar's. The thing can take pretty much anything you can throw at it. I lent it to someone in a metal band once (detune to A bizness) and he powered it with around 700W. The thing didn't fart once and sounded HUGE.

I love this cab.

BUT, it's one heavy MF'er. The Aggie feels light comapred to it (at 98lbs). Since I don't have the pumped-up-ness to move it easily for shows I'm looking to sell it (hint, hint). I don't like gear sitting around not getting used.

3. How much are you asking for the cab, just outta curiousity? I have always been a fan of H&K, both bass and guitar, this piece is no exception. I may be interested in this one, too.

4. ihixulu

ihixulu Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2000
    getting warmer
    Kerm, check your mail.

5. Lovin Bass

Lovin Bass

Feb 8, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I have an H&K BC410 powered by an H&K BassBase 400 head. I love it. The sound is very versatile and capable of most everything. I love the sound. I agree with the above in that it is heavy. I highly recommend this cab.