1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hughes & Kettner Bass base 600. Anyone used one before?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Voodoo Brother, Feb 18, 2013.

1. I just picked up this monster a few days ago and Im blown away. Now Im searching the web for info, schematics, and what not and can't find much. The controls are very different from any other amp I've ever owned. The EQ section is way different. Instead of the standard Bass, Mid, and Treble this head uses Bass and Treble only with an added Varimetric 2-band semi-parametric EQ which includes a frequency knob for both bass and treble as well as a level knob to adjust the frequencies selected.

If anyone out there has played through one of these these Id love to get you opinions.

2. 4-string

4-string

Jul 23, 2006
    Norway
    A friend has one, along with a H&K 410/215 stack. I use it from time to time. It sounds good, but there's some nasal thing going on in the upper mids that is impossible to dial out. Don't know if it's from the head or the cabs though.

3. Sid Fang

Sid Fang Reformed Fusion Player Supporting Member

Jun 12, 2008
    When I lived in Europe, H&K tube guitar rigs were among my absolute favorites. I don't know much about their bass gear, but I'm thinking you might want to browse or post to basschat.co.uk, where there's a bigger user base for European brands.

4. Thanks for the link.

5. OldogNewTrick

OldogNewTrick

Dec 28, 2004
    Germany, EU
    That's a great amp you got there. Here is a link to the manual. Maybe that will explain things better.

BassBase 600

[​IMG]

6. thanks for the link