Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hughes & Kettner Fortress preamp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JoelEoM, May 21, 2002.

1. JoelEoM

JoelEoM

Mar 11, 2002
    Lancaster, PA
    anybody know about these? ill do a search tomorrow on them if i can, but i'd like some opinions from anyone whos used them. i borrowed one from the studio last night, for an URB wedding gig this weekend, and it turns out the guy is selling it for $150. anybody know about prices for these used? i may be able to sell my V-4B cab for $200 or so this week, and pick this up, but the problem is, hes got 2 other guys looking at this pre already, but theyre not from around here. im just not sure how high to go with this.

2. Wxp4759cb

Wxp4759cb

Nov 23, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    There's a Fortress pre on Harmony Central right now. I bet its the same one. I was a little interested in it to, but I couldn't find ANY info about it on the internet so I didn't look into it.

3. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    If you go to their website http://www.hughes-and-kettner.com/ and go to "Manuals" you'll find a three minute tutorial and a manual. Looks like a serious piece of gear. If it's even close to the sound of my H&K BassBase 600 $150 is a bargain. This is high end stuff. If you don't want it let me know;)

If it's the same one as on HC it has the pedalboard too. If you need a preamp thisshould be an excellent deal.