Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hulk Hogan

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by JWC, May 2, 2001.

1. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    Now this is definitely an underated bassist if I ever saw one. Hogan was a bassist for a band in my hometown back in the 70s and they played at Jimmy Jack's Sugar Shack. Great bassist. For sure Hogan put the muscle behind his playing. Kudos Terry Bolea!!!!

2. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Maybe Hogan should take up his bass playing again, being as WCW is dead and buried...no, I mean WWF now owns WCW and Hogan is out in the cold.

I bet a Hulk Hogan band would be a fun novelty for awhile, especially if he could get other washed up...er ah...retired wrestlers to play with him. Let's see, Sting on drums, Lex Luger on lead guitar, Roddy Piper on rhythm guitar, and Randy Savage on keys. Scott Hall on harmonica. Kevin Nash could sing. I'd pay to see that.

JO

3. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Roddy Piper would play bagpipes.

4. ...and disco inferno on guitar playing 70's guitar :D

5. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    Aw, come on Jason, Sting isn't that washed up yet.....is he? :(

Anyway, here's my wrestling dream band....

Hillbilly Jim on the washboard

Brutus The Barber Beekcake on guitars (he looks like he has some marginal musical talent, much as Hogan at least)

Superfly Snuka on drums

Iron Sheik on vocals

6. The Bushwackers on percussion and The Ultimate Warrior could play lead guitar.

7. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    Actually, silly me, remeber all the music characters from wresting from years ago.

The Honky Tonk Man- vocals
    Van Hammer- Guitar
    Man Mountain Rock- Guitar
    P.N. News- Rapping vocals

8. anon5458975

anon5458975

Apr 5, 2001
    I bet King Kong Bundy could blow a mean Trumpet.

9. Ultimate Warrior would definitely sing lead.

10. Hee hee, I remember all those guys! I'd have Honkey Tonk Man on guitar, and maybe the rockers on guitar too, they look like 80's hair metal guitarists. Hulk Hogan on bass, I guess, if he already knows how to play. He doesn't seem like a jazz bass kind of guy to me though. He seems more to me like a P Bass kind of guy. And the Ultimate Warrior on drums, he has a lot of energy.

11. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    Its funny you mention that, I used to see him come into Throughbreg Music quite alot. Never heard him play anything though. :(

12. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    He's actually played on a few childrens records, or so I hear anyway. Nice to know that Hogan has some sense...and really, anything besides bass would be SO tiny on those guys...

13. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    I saw a Hulk special on E True Hollywood Story, and it showed him shredding a guitar....sigh.....

14. Aren't the Bushwackers distant cousins of Flea???

15. stephanie

stephanie

Nov 14, 2000
    Scranton, PA
    I remember my brother and I playing this WWF record album with Hulk Hogan, et al. when I was little. I'll always remember their rendition of "Land Of A Thousand Dances". Brought tears to my eyes it was so damn good. Those guys are in the wrong field.

:D

"Na nana nanaaa...nananana nanana nanana...nana nanaaaaaaaa"

:D

PS: I would've liked to see Andre the Giant (RIP) play the bass.

16. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    Stephanie, I;m glad to know that another person in this world owns that album besides me. I always liked Rick Derrigner's "Real American" which later became Hogan's theme. Those songs were so funny, and I still listen to it from time to time just for fun.