Hum albums

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by 5s_tring freak, Nov 22, 2001.

1. Anyone here like the band, Hum?
    Iwas given a cd with the song "Stars" on it, and I was wondering what albums are truly representative of them.
  2. SMASH

SMASH Guest

Jan 18, 2000
    That's one hell of a great band.

Their first album, "Electra 2000" is heavier and thicker.

Their 2nd album is the one you have with "Stars" on it - the closest thing they had to a hit single - is called "You'd Prefer An Astronaut", and their last album is called "Downward Is Heavenward".

If you like their heavier stuff like "Stars" and "The Pod" you might want to get "Electra 2000" next, though it can be hard to find since it was on an indie label but the next 2 were on RCA = major label and easy to get.

If you're happy with the "... Astronaut" album go ahead and get "Downward Is Heavenward" which has a similar mix, but not quite as laid back in places.

For me no album "best" represents them as they're all really great and solid albums which I enjoy equally, though I also started with the "...Astronaut" album. It's very rare when a favourite band makes 3 albums in a row you totally love, but that's how it is with HUM.
  3. i saw you'd prefer and astronaut anddownward is heavenward at mediaplay, so you might find those at a big box-type store, or your local record store, but i'm having to special order electra2000. They're all great, and it's really odd, cause the singer has an really pronounced Illinois accent, which i hear all the time, so...nevermind, i just find it cool.
  4. backtoschool

Oct 24, 2000
    try they have everything indie