1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Human Base Jonas 5 Fretless

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by eubassix, May 11, 2011.

1. eubassix

eubassix Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2004
    Teesside, UK
    Human Base Jonas 5 Fretless
    34"
    all maple (body and neck, neck-through-construction)
    plain ebony fretboard (very minor play/string wear) with side markers for every fret
    pommele maccore top with matching headstock (which Siggi often uses for FL = warm and punchy tone)
    2 Bartolini PUs
    John East U-Retro Deluxe 01
    Human Base tuners and bridge
    string spacing is 18mm at the bridge
    Schaller security locks
    comes with padded HumanBase strap, ProTec hardcase (in photos) and HumanBase gig-bag
    This (as with all Siggi Jaeger basses) is an exceptional instrument: I love it, but always favour my Kinal MK-5/fretless and really can't justify maintaining two top-notch FL-5's. You can see the quality in the photos, with the additional detailing of the bridge (tailpiece) and HumanBase tuners.
    Current pricing (with the upgrades/extras) would put this at c. €3k.
    Human Base Instruments
    Photos: album - free image hosting at ImageCave.com
    Price includes 48H. Courier to USA
    $2499

Attached Files:

2. Staunch

Staunch Banned

Bump for my wondering if it's Kevin, Joe or Nick's sig model......

3. eubassix

Jan 17, 2004
    Teesside, UK
    No, it's not a Signature model - I had initially thought it was a Jonas Hellborg Sig.' (must admit I'm not sure who Kevin, Joe and/or Nick might be ?!...), but it's just a bass-name along with Siggi's other models incl. Max, ClassX and Roxy. Maybe it's more obvious in De.

4. eubassix

Jan 17, 2004
    Teesside, UK
    B u M p

5. anonymous111813

anonymous111813 Guest

Mar 1, 2011
    This is not a signature bass. There are "Max" and "Jonas" Human Base models, but they are not related to any real bass player.

6. eubassix

Jan 17, 2004
    Teesside, UK
    Correct ! .. thought I'd covered this but thanks for the additonal clarification

7. DaveAceofBass

DaveAceofBass Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    Sweet bass. Still have that Kinal MK5B I sold you?

Bump for a great guy to deal with!

8. Kevin W Guin

Kevin W Guin Supporting Member

Apr 5, 2008
    Chicago, USA
    This looks similar to Dean Peer's Jonas, but I can't remember the exact wood combo.

I have a BaseX fretless 6 coming soon which Siggi is building as a neck-thru. I was able to find a really intense Amboyna Burl top for it and shipped it to Germany for this build.

Bump for Human Base.

9. eubassix

Jan 17, 2004
    Teesside, UK
    Thanks for the comment(s) on the bass (... and the seller!) Dave!
    Still have it, along with this fretless MK-5: my main basses. The FL/MK-5 is the only reason I would let the Jonas 5 go. Funds needed, plus I'd like to source an SK or DK 5 sometime.
    Are you still using Mike's instruments ?

Attached Files:

• K2.JPG
      K2.JPG
      File size:
      28.3 KB
      Views:
    • kf5.JPG
      kf5.JPG
      File size:
      30.2 KB
      Views:
  10. DaveAceofBass

DaveAceofBass Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    Yes. I still have the custom SK5 I funded with the sale of the MK5 you bought. (Dig those knobs! Can you send me the ringos? Might try them on my Linc Luthier). I recently replaced the Barts with custom handmade Kent Armstrongs. HUGE improvement! I sold my DK5 and bought a killer NYC Sadowsky 24-5. The DK5 was too heavy, and I needed a bass that was nice and light. The SK5 has pretty much become my main bass though. I love it! I'm getting some work done to my Linc 5, and just sold the Linc 6 (it used to be my main bass, but it's been sitting in the corner for the last few years. I'm thinking of turning the Linc 5 into an E-C bass since I don't have a 6 string anymore.). So now I have a real nice little collection of all very usable basses:

Kinal SK5
    Sadowsky NYC 24-5
    Linc Luthier Impression 5
    Hamer 2Tek Cruisebass 5 fretless (Sweet!)
    Modulus VJ Deluxe

Not to mention two uprights, an EUB, and my original Ibanez 4-string.

11. Staunch

Staunch Banned

Bump for missing my Jonas Brothers joke.