Human Base X OC-4 vs. Sterling HS

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mikeluch, Jul 7, 2008.

1. mikeluch

mikeluch

Nov 30, 2004
    Ocala, FL
    Looking for some advice and feedback. I have a MM Sterling 4 HS that I dont play much and now have some GAS for a Human Base 4.
    I saw Ed Freiland's review of the 5 and was impressed but was hoping to get some help as to other TBers thoughts on the MM and the HB. Major differences that sets one apart from the other.

Thanks

2. lamonica78

lamonica78

Feb 9, 2008
    Philadelphia
    To be honest, I have not played MM basses all that much, but I can tell you that the Human Base is amazing! I bought one 2 weeks ago and haven't even picked up my Pedulla since then! It's that much fun to play! I recommend trying one out if you can find a store that carries them.

It records really well too...just did a project last thurs and the engineer was extremely impressed with the pre-amp

3. RockDiner

RockDiner

Jul 22, 2008
    Hi
    I would just like to know if it makes a big difference whether the Human Base OC series has a coil tap selector. The newer models has that whilst the one that was launched does not have. One has to use the blend to select the pick ups in the original but I guess the blend knob would not be much useful if the there is already a coil tap selector.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 23, 2021