Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Human Base

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by theshadow2001, Jan 12, 2006.

1. theshadow2001

theshadow2001

Jun 17, 2004
    Ireland
    Human Base are a german company and I was wondering if anyone has ever tried one of their basses. What do they sound like? One model has a huge body and I could imagine the sustain will go forever on that thing(lol flash backs of spinal tap and the Les Paul). For some reason I'd say they would have big bottom end. But I dunno never heard one before. So any experiences by anyone?

2. g00eY

g00eY

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    haven't heard of them, but i like some of their designs.

3. justateenpoet

justateenpoet Have you...killed the Venture brothers!?!?

May 14, 2005
    Connecticut
    [​IMG]

Me want this top:)

4. thewhitesheep

thewhitesheep

Dec 22, 2004
    they have a great reputation in germany, up there with the likes of Hotwire, LeFay or Bassculture

havent played one yet...ive heard especially good things about their Fretless Jonas Models

5. DaveBeny

DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    I like the look of the Class X model for a long time.

6. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    Hi!
    I have tried human base instruments a number of times and can say that they do have "Their own..." character.
    To me they have always appeared a little tame.Very "cultivated" I guess, may be a way to describe the impression I got.They seem fairly strong in the upper mids.They are well designed and well made ,used to be constructed mostly out of maple,although other woods are being used also.very nice instruments in deed.And in addition to their very high quality and unique tone,they are very reasonably priced.Go check 'em out.Or,if you get your hands onto an album by Bassist Decebal Badila,you will be able to get a very good idea of the "human base sound".Plus, the playing is flawless also.:bassist: :oops:

7. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Would love to try one!!

8. bl0wmymind

bl0wmymind

Mar 6, 2006
    Croatia
    Hi all,

I bought a Human Base - The Base 6 string 3-4 months ago, and all
    I can say is that I'm very happy with my choice :)

It sounds great, don't want to go in detailed descriptions cause they are subjective thing wth every different player...

All in all - a great instrument!! :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

9. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I have one of Siggi's first basses, a No Sweat by Mr. Bassman(built in 1989 or so), which is basically a BaseX body shape with the neck-thru construction of a Jonas.

A great bass that still gets some looks at bass player meetings.

10. bl0wmymind

bl0wmymind

Mar 6, 2006
    Croatia
    Yeah, I'm already thinking of contacting Human Base for a fretless bass, maybe something like this, arhghghghhghg :)

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

11. Basshole

Basshole Banned

Jan 28, 2005
    Different strokes for different folks, I guess. I find them extraordinarily fugly.

:bag:

12. bl0wmymind

bl0wmymind

Mar 6, 2006
    Croatia
    well, no surprise, coming from a warwick fan :eek:

just kidding, no offense to anyone :)

13. Basshole

Basshole Banned

Jan 28, 2005
    Dude, the body's huge...you could use it to slide a pizza out of the oven...

14. bl0wmymind

bl0wmymind

Mar 6, 2006
    Croatia
    :D

it has a larger body, but not that much, I'll try and find another pic.... and, believe it or not, it is VERY comfortable

15. Human Bass

Human Bass

Aug 26, 2005
    My nick has no relation with this company, it was just a coincidence :eyebrow:

16. Grooove

Grooove

Apr 12, 2008
    I found out that Human Base has an American model as well. It calls BaseX.oc (www.humanbaseusa.com).

On MySpace I saw a bass player who is endorsed by Human Base. There you can hear the sound of some of the basses: www.myspace.com/nicolebadila

17. lamonica78

lamonica78

Feb 9, 2008
    Philadelphia
    I'm not an endorsed artist, but I love the BaseX.oc5 that I bought back in June. You can hear it at www.youtube.com/theabsolutezeros. Click on the song entitled Trouble With Love (wait about 10 seconds....the first few seconds were silent for some reason). It's got awesome sustain and really cuts through the mix like no other bass I've played.

18. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    I've seen Jonas Hellborg playing one of these and it looked amazing! I love their body shapes!