1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Humble Pie

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Marty Forrer, Mar 16, 2001.

1. Well, I'm gonna hafta eat some crow, or some humblepie. I've had a bad back for years, and my Tobias six string is heavy and neckdives a bit. So, I decided to investigate a new bass. I've tried out G&L L2500's in the past and found they were'nt too good in the B string area. However, I just tried one that was great. A nice B string, great neck(better than my old Stingray 5), and balances perfectly on a strap. A cherry burst with maple board. I think I'll buy it. I feel embaressed 'cos I've been a bit down on these basses in the past, now I'm gonna buy this one. Gee, I hate myself!

2. Welcome to club L-2500.....:p

3. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Im surprised you opted for the G&L with your bad back! They're pretty heavy in the neck, ive noticed.

Anyway, whats to happen to the Tobias? Id still like to see a picture of it, modified!

4. The G&L is heavy, but balances perfectly. The Tobias is heavier and tends to neckdive a bit. I'll keep it anyway.

5. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Dosen't matter what you said in the past, as long as you see the light now!!! LOL. I need to re-invest in another L-2500. I sold mine a while back. I still have my trusty L-2000 & I just got an L-5500. I found that the newer G&L's w/the "Amreican Tilia" (hwatever that is) bodies are very light compared to the older solid ash ones. Good luck with it & hope it releives some strain on your back.