Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Humble Pie

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Marty Forrer, Mar 16, 2001.

1. Well, I'm gonna hafta eat some crow, or some humblepie. I've had a bad back for years, and my Tobias six string is heavy and neckdives a bit. So, I decided to investigate a new bass. I've tried out G&L L2500's in the past and found they were'nt too good in the B string area. However, I just tried one that was great. A nice B string, great neck(better than my old Stingray 5), and balances perfectly on a strap. A cherry burst with maple board. I think I'll buy it. I feel embaressed 'cos I've been a bit down on these basses in the past, now I'm gonna buy this one. Gee, I hate myself!

2. Welcome to club L-2500.....:p

3. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Im surprised you opted for the G&L with your bad back! They're pretty heavy in the neck, ive noticed.

Anyway, whats to happen to the Tobias? Id still like to see a picture of it, modified!

4. The G&L is heavy, but balances perfectly. The Tobias is heavier and tends to neckdive a bit. I'll keep it anyway.

5. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Dosen't matter what you said in the past, as long as you see the light now!!! LOL. I need to re-invest in another L-2500. I sold mine a while back. I still have my trusty L-2000 & I just got an L-5500. I found that the newer G&L's w/the "Amreican Tilia" (hwatever that is) bodies are very light compared to the older solid ash ones. Good luck with it & hope it releives some strain on your back.