1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Humming Humbucker

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by betardfoosier, Jun 7, 2011.

1. betardfoosier

betardfoosier

Feb 13, 2011
    Hey my bridge dp123 hums on my MIM jazz, but my neck doesn't. The hum goes away when I close the tone pot all the way to the dark end, and starts again the moment I crack it open. Also, touching the strings quiets the buzz, and I know my bridge is grounded, I just rewired the whole bass and my solders look good. I have shielding copper on the backside of the pickguard and control plate, and the bass came with shielding paint in the cavities. Also, each pup is grounded to it's cavity, as well as volume pot.

My other concern is, this bass growls alot more than it did with the factory pups. They sound like I have an overdrive pedal on about a third of the way, regardless of how my amp is set. It even does it on my practice amp. Are these just very, very growly pups, or did I do something wrong?