Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Humor about....

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Eric Cameron, Sep 24, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ....the WTC tragedy. No, I'm not going to go making any jokes about the victims, their families, or the thousands who have been affected by this.

I'm gonna joke about bin Laden and all his co-horts, and the major ass-whooping they are about to get, so let's start it off.

Oh, and if you have anything to add, DO SO!! Laughing at those punks will help with the anger we feel.

Rock on
    Eric

2. Comakazi

Comakazi

May 3, 2001
    Midwest US
    That's pretty good, I've seen that one.

3. Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2001
    Sing a song of sixpence,
    A pocket full of rye;
    Four and twenty blackbirds
    Baked in a pie.
    When the pie was opened,
    The birds began to sing;
    Wasn't that a dainty dish
    To set before the king?

P.S. The planes aren't blackbirds, but I couldn't find a nursery rhyme with stealth fighters in it.

4. Note: This site i posted is not for minors, I heared on the radio that there are lyrics to "anti ode to Osama Bin Ladin". if someone could find them and post them please do so. www.stormandbirdsey.com

5. Q. What to Fred Flintstone and Osama Bin Laden have in common?

A. When they look out their window they both see Rubble...

Q. Why have Afghani Naval ships got glass bottoms?

A. So they can see their air force.

Q. What have Nagasaki and Kabul got in common?

A. Nothing. Yet.

Just a few to tide you over ladies and gentlemen...

6. I like the can osma.( wow ... i didnt spell that right) come out and play.. :)its funny cuz he deserves it... And I give all my respect to those who lost .. or were lost... to Bin Ladens actions. :(

7. melvin

melvin

Apr 28, 2001
    My friend got this pic in an email that had the twin towers doing a little "expidition" into Osama's rear. I think you can figure out what that meant. He got it from twistedhumor.com if anyone wants to find that.

8. I'm sorry, but is there any concrete proof that he was in charge? I mean, i've been following the news and i haven't found any people confessing/telling your government that he was in charge....:confused:

9. Gotta get another one:

Rock on
    Eric

10. I have been making jokes all week! My dad and my brother came up with theideaof writing Laden and putting a towel around our council bin. :rolleyes:

I got sent a whole pile of funny pictures. i'll post them up if i can remember.

Merls

11. Noticed the subtle use of camels in that last picture.. eh Notduane!!!

:p:D

Merls

12. APouncer

APouncer

Nov 3, 2000
    Lancashire, UK
    Relman - I'm with you on this matter.

And we should all remember that evil begets evil, that's to say, it has already happened, and it will happen.

But this is in humor so to lighten the load, did you hear about the troops surrounding Bloomingdales? They heard they had Bed Linen on the 5th floor.

Ha Ha . . bonk!

13. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

So if there's a "pretty good chance" that any number of other countries harboured terrorists as well you should gleefully bomb them? And you should execute anybody when there was a "good chance" they might have committed a murder? Wouldn't be many people left then! :rolleyes:

I don't think this is a very tasteful area for comedy - what next, Jokes about the death camps for Jews?

14. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    I'm glad you drew that analogy.

It's sad to say but remarks that the "Americans brought this on themselves" strike me as hauntingly familiar to the apathy toward the Jews being targeted by the Nazis. Kill jews because they are jews. Not that they did anything to harm us. And even if they did, no sense in just going after individuals, go after all of them.

OBL is akin to Hitler in his rhetoric, those who follow are akin to SS, those who sympathize are like the Nazi party, and those who feel it was justified or brought on by our policies or say it was bound to happen due to our ignorance or find some rationalization in the attack are the same as the bastards who allowed Hitler to spread destruction all over a large part of the planet.

Just like those jews, innocent Americans were intentionally targeted because they simply are Americans. Children, women, etc. having nothing to do with so-called American Imperialism or foreign policy decisions. Just people going to work to pay the rent and feed the kids.

OBL has already been indited for involvement in previous acts with evidence available. Had we had the outrage then as now, maybe there would have been some world support in our taking action to apprehend him years ago. Instead, there was the omnipresent anti American-Imperialism attitude, leading to lack of international cooperation.

Better late than never, but tell that to the innocent victims.

I heard a small plane go over the video store last night when I was out with my wife and daughter. I was worried because it sounded like it was flying pretty low. I looked at my girls all night thinking "why would anyone want to do anything to them? What did they do to anybody?" I was worried about simply breathing the air.

Let someone tell me again... "YOU AMERICANS, YOU BRING THIS ON YOURSELVES WITH YOUR IMPERIALIST POLICIES, SUPPORT OF ISRAEL, AND SUPERIOR ATTITUDES. YOU WASTE MORE FUEL THAN ANY OTHER COUNTRY. YOU POLUTE MORE THAN ANY COUNTRY. YOU SUPPORTED THE MUJAHADEEN AGAINST THE SOVS. YOU SHOULD HAVE EXPECTED THIS. YOU AMERICANS KNOW NOTHING OF EUROPE OR ASIA OR AFRICA."

Kiss it. I could give a cold turd for anywhere else on the planet.

15. Comakazi

Comakazi

May 3, 2001
    Midwest US
    Zulu...I agree all the way.

16. Bruce Lindfield

Well, I would be quite happy for OBL to be summarily "disposed of"; but I still think this is not an area for joking and I was really referring to the comments about Afghans or Afghanistan - bombing civilians there, to me would be just as much an atrocity.

To joke about doing so, is well beyond the bounds of good taste.

17. Comakazi

Comakazi

May 3, 2001
    Midwest US
    Well, maybe. But I'm quite sure that nobody here advocates the bombing of innocent people. But we can't take ourselves too seriously here.
    Of course all of us would rather have had none of this happen, but that's not the case. Now should we just sit around and wringing our hands forever, lamenting about what a tragedy this all is (which it is, don't get me wrong), or try to move on and maybe use a bit of humor to lighten the load here.
    We're faced with this situation every day and it's not going anywhere, the gravity of all of this is not lost on anyone here at TB. And I don't think anyone has made a joke or reference specifically advocating killing innocent women and children.
    Ok, we could "infer" that by some of the jokes here -- but that's all they are jokes. We shouldn't read that much into them. IMO

18. Bruce Lindfield

Well there is a post which basically refers to nuking Kabul which would result in the deaths of millions of innocent people in one of the poorest countries in the world - not very funny IMO :mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.