Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Dean_CustomJazz, Sep 29, 2003.

1. Dean_CustomJazz

Dean_CustomJazz Guest

Jan 23, 2002
    I just sat down with a Swanson Hungry Man dinner (buffalo chicken, corn, fries, and a brownie) and is by far the best frozen meal i have ever had in 5 minutes! Who else has tried these delectable frozen wonders?
  2. TV dinners are good actually...I love the desert:)
  3. I'm big on the Chicken Parm. ones. They come with the apple crumb dessert, mmm mmm good*

*to avoid a controversy, "mmm mmm good" is a trademark of the Campbell Soup Company, all rights reserved:D
  4. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    or as I like to call them, "A Heart Attack"

Check out the calories on a hungry man XL. You get like 300% of your daily fat and whatnot too.
  5. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I love the Banquet "Chicken Pot Pies". 'Gotta be baked though, no nukin' the pot pies.
  6. I could use about 300% of my daily calorie income....(I'm a stick);)
  7. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Man you should really try the Marie Callender's chicken pot pies. You can nuke them and they still get crispy. I should try it at least once.

Marie Callender has some other good frozen dinners too. Those are the best I've tried IMO.

brad cook

ps - not that I eat those things that much anymore now that I'm married.
  8. Obsolex

Obsolex Guest

Nov 17, 2002
    Yeah man, do you know what parts of animals they put in those... The leftovers... Balls :)spit:), feet, asses, noses, eyes, intestines, and all that good stuff :)spit:) and ground it all up...
    That's like saying Tacco Beell meat is good for you. You know how like, in the store the meat is grade A (usually, if not B), you know, the real good, tender, juicy meat... Tacobell meat is grade D... And I think this stuff is too...
    Sorry, but ewwwwwwwwww...
  9. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    &^^#@^%@#*!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I'm doing Atkins, and can't eat this crap - which makes me want it more!

I'm having the most problems with no Pizza Puffs...

10. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Hungry Man is by Swanson, and Swanson owns Campbell Soup, so there is no problem there.:D
  11. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Parts is parts.
  12. ONYX

Apr 14, 2000
    For those who may ( or may not ) be interested, here is how the USDA classifies beef grades:

QUALITY of the beef is catagorized into 8 levels.
    They are: Prime, Choice, Select, Standard, Commercial, Utility, Cutter, and Canner.
    The first 4 are used in restauraunts, with Prime having the most fat and marble ( this is what gives the flavor and the tenderness when cooked properly). By the time you get down to Standard, fat content is almost non-existent. Now, which grade is the healthiest? ;)

The last four grades are almost never sold in stores, but are used to make hot dogs and other packaged "meats".

The letter designations that are used correspond to the age of the animal:
    A : 9-30 mos.
    B : 30-42 mos.
    C : 42-72 mos.
    D : 72-96 mos.
    E : 96+ mos.

As the animal ages, the meat will have more fat and marbling, thus affecting the " grade" that the USDA inspectors will stamp it with. ( Just in case you were wondering, the purple "ink" that is used to mark the beef is just grape juice. )

Now, in case you're wondering why I know all this stuff, I used to work in the Beef industry.

I no longer eat red meat as a result!!!
  13. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Sorry I can't agree. I've got a great wife who love to cook for me. She's the best.

Hungry mans are alright. If I was single I'd eat crap like that.
  14. Obsolex

Obsolex Guest

Nov 17, 2002
    Sh*t, I'd at least (actually they are really good) go buy an already made, hot, tender, juicy, (lol) chicken from albertssons or vvons -
  15. Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    The cornerstone of any nutritious breakfast.
  16. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

My girlfriend was looking over my shoulder and we both actually laughed our asses off at this little statement. :D
  17. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Reminds me of a Buckethead song...Save it for the slung!!

brad cook
  18. Obsolex

Obsolex Guest

Nov 17, 2002
    lol... Cool, but sadly that is true man... lol...
  19. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Headcheese, you like it? It's really good.
  20. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    That changed for me when I quit smoking. I don't like the taste of processed food anymore.