1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

hunt for a new bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Pope, Dec 24, 2016.

1. Pope

Pope Commercial User

Dec 24, 2016
    Hello fellow bassists! I have been playing the bass for a solid 4 years and I am thinking of buying a new bass. My starter was an Ibanez SR300 and I have not been let down by it not even by a single bit. I love SRs' versatility when it comes to sound and their lightweight and compact design for their price. On my recent visit to music stores I tried 5string Warwicks and Fenders but they just dont seem as good in my eyes, hands and ears. So I wanted to ask you what's your opinion on the SR1005(discontinued but available in a nearby store), the sr1305, sr1405, sr 1805 (all currently unavailable in my country). I must note that I havent decided yet what kind of music I want to play (since I' m only 18)but Ibanez's flexibility seems to be a very good solution to that problem. Thanks in advance.

2. Those Ibanez models are great! If you can personally try it out and it speaks to you, the consensus here will be pull the trigger on that one. If sight unseen, then comes the asking here. But having played those models, you won't be disappointed if you already love an SR! But try all that you can IMHO. I had all but decided Peavey's were trash until I played my first Cirrus, then a T-40 (boat anchor but awesome). So even some that you may discredit on name alone still may be worth it to you. Try what you can and good luck in your hunt. Also as per rules here... Pics when NBD or it didn't happen (ok not an "official rule" but whatever lol).

3. frpax

frpax

Dec 15, 2016
    Tempe, AZ
    Buy a nicer SR.