Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hunt for suckage ( mp3 inside )

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Bluez Dawg, Jan 6, 2006.

1. lug

lug

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx
    Very very interesting, Derek. Very interesting indeed.

2. is that good good? bad? or nothing to describe it? if I dont play songs then I cant play jack.

3. lug

lug

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx

Mainly, I find the title of the song very very interesting. How did you come up with it?

4. Let's just say its a blast from the past lug.

5. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    Wow, Derek asking The King of Suck himself for advice. He's obviously trying to take over his throne. :p

6. Just incase, Here is my Baby Muranda After the sexy red head in the show, "Sex and the City"

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    Not to be an ass Derek, but stop playing with the effects, and learn to play using your metronome. There is no market for bassplayers who cannot keep a beat. :spit:

8. so you should get out, while you still can then oxy boy! I can cary a beat now I just did'nt use the metronome when I recorded it Oh well no worries. Use the power of the suck :).

:bassist: :bag:

9. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    Great, now learn to keep a beat without using a metronome. :rolleyes:

10. I cannot! because I suck really bad, I can now hold a beat with a drum machine too.

11. mini-me

mini-me

Jan 4, 2006
    ?

12. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
  13. mlwarriner

mlwarriner Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2003
    KC, MO, USA
    [​IMG]

14. Meotch

Meotch

Aug 18, 2003
    Saskatchewan
    Sexy.

15. More Suckage to come, and after I get a proper recording, Ill post the pentonic blues scale :p :bag: :bassist:

16. doormatt

doormatt

Apr 8, 2005
    I have a friend at school of whom theres a false rumor that he sucks on the fat under his mom's arm. Hence his nickname, Suckage.
    The track was cool, sounded like you went all over the fretboard, but still pulled it off. Maybe you should use audacity or something and tone the mid and bass gain down a bit cus its buzzy in some parts.

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=222886
    Please check mine out.

17. very reverb-y, that first one...

18. EricTheEZ1

EricTheEZ1

Nov 23, 2004
    Clawson, MI
    I too was excited when I learned how to play the blues pentatonic scale. Every pop punk song was now able to be played. Great fun was had. :rolleyes:

You need to listen to some other music and keep practicing. The better you get, the better music that will come out of it. You're young, padawan. Keep at it.

-Eric.