Hunting For Headroom

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Stewmc5222, Jan 31, 2002.

1. now that I've got my Conklin 8, I find that I need more amp to really do it justice. someone recently suggested Carvin's 1000 watt power amp, but I was wondering if anyone has experience with the Peavey DPC1400. opinions on either, preferably with some gigging behind them, would be MUCH appreciated! thanks,

2. rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    Hey Stew...

You can get the Carvin DCM2000 for less dinero than the Peavey, ($539)... If money's no object, I recently tried a guy's rig that consisted of an SWR Grand Prix, Stewart World 2.1, 2 Eden XLT's... Wow!

P.S. I know this doesn't help, but I felt a bit rude in reading and not replying... rl
  3. mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    Either one will do just fine, bgavn or MikeyD, can give the technical particulars.

4. chucko58

Jan 17, 2002
    Silicon Valley, CA, USA
    I paid for all my gear myself. Well, me and MasterCard.
    Check out the QSC RMX series if big watts and low cost are what you're after. Lord Valve has killer prices on them. I got an RMX 1850HD (1800 W bridged @ 4 ohms) for $455 with shipping!

They're heavy - mine's 45 lbs (20 kilos for those of you in civilized countries), but hey, they're cheap and potent!

LV has equally good prices on the PLX series, if you're not into weightlifting.

LV can be found at:

Or check out alt.guitar.amps for his rants.
  5. I appreciate everyone's ideas and suggestions. It isn't about weight or saving money (although those are certainly factors!), I just need power to move some serious air now that I have that sub-low F#. I'll definitely check out the info above, but please keep the info coming! Options are never a bad thing!