1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

hurricane fest germany - need help planning how to get there!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Fishbrain, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Fishbrain

Fishbrain

Dec 8, 2000
    England, Liverpool
    Endorsing Artist: Warwick Bass and Amp
    Has anybody been to Hurricane Festival in Germany?

I want to go this year but was wondering what's the best way to get there, I've had a look on the site and there isn't any information.

has anybody been before and have any info for me?

Thanks!

2. my cousin was there. He said it was amazing.
    I just looked on the official website. It's from June 20 - 22 in a city called Scheesel in Northern Germany. tickets for all three days including fees and trash costs are 115 Euro.

here is the website:
    http://www.hurricane.de/

3. Fishbrain

Fishbrain

Dec 8, 2000
    England, Liverpool
    yeah i found that website but it hasn't got any info on how to actually get there!

4. It does say what's the best way to get there:
    " 1. Getting there
    By Car
    Coming from the North on the A1 (from Hamburg):

Exit motorway at Sittensen and follow the signs.

Coming from South-West on the A1 (from Bremen):

Exit motorway at Stuckenborstel direction Rotenburg (B75). After passing the bypass Rotenburg follow the signs and turn right direction Brockel/Westervesede.

Coming from the Sourth on the A27 or A7(from Hannover):

Exit motorway A27 at Verden Nord direction Rotenburg and Scheeßel/Tostedt/Hamburg (B75). Leave the road direction Brokel/Westervesede. Follow the signs via Bartelsdorf and Westervesede to the festival site.

or

Exit motorway A7 at Dorfmark. Then via B440 to B75. Follow the road direction Scheeßel / Tostedt / Hamburg. Leave the road direction Brokel/Westervesede. Follow the signs via Bartelsdorf and Westervesede to the festival site.

Please consider to use car pooling / car sharing when you decide to travel by car. This will help to avoid traffic jam.

Have Your ticket ready on approaching the Eichenring area.
    Parking and camping is only possible with a Hurricane ticket - you will have to show your ticket on demand!

If you have to search for your ticket, you will probably cause delays.

By train
    If you decide to travel by train you could save some money and you also protect the environment. Furthermore you help us to avoid traffic jams. We recommend using a rail ticket with its advantages: discounts for early booking, for groups, weekend tickets and regional offers like the Niedersachsen ticket. Check www.bahn.de for special offers, schedules and tickets.

The station Scheeßel is located only about one mile from the festival site. You can reach it easily by foot.

We will provide a schedule Hamburg - Bremen (station: Scheeßel ) on time. "

Now it all depends on how aou are planning to get to Germany, Would take a plane?

5. kydnav

kydnav

Jun 24, 2006
    Netherlands
    I wanted to go last year.. But we didn't go because the location and such weren't practical..

So last year and this year I'm going to pinkpop :bassist:

6. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Spend a bit of time listening to "Hurricane Eye" by Paul Simon.

7. Fishbrain

Fishbrain

Dec 8, 2000
    England, Liverpool