Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hurricane funding help!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by mattsk42, Sep 8, 2005.

1. mattsk42

mattsk42 $100 off new Directv subsp.PM me BEFORE signing up Supporting Member

Hey all, I was just reading in the for sale section of another site and noticed all the people eager to give money to someone in need. I feel the same as most of the rest of you. I wouldn't give to the red cross necissarily, but to an actual person I would. And for the most part, this forum has a lot of money to give.

I know this will be tricky, but is there any way we can find out who on ECA lost their house/job and needs the cash? I know there has to be at least 3 or 4. Maybe just start a topic w/ their screen name and a ton of references in the post.

If it doesn't work out, fine, just an idea I wanted to throw out there.

2. Just beware of people trying to take advantage of the situation and posing as victims, those people exist, unfortunately.

3. But surely there has to be someone that we KNOW has been effected. I mean, its ok to say to people we arent sure about, "sorry, but we can't" but there has to be somebody.

4. mattsk42

mattsk42 $100 off new Directv subsp.PM me BEFORE signing up Supporting Member

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. There has to be at least one or two people on here that we're Sure about.