Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hurricane Isabel is coming!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Marley's Ghost, Sep 15, 2003.

1. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    I don't think we can take another one like Floyd.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

:bag: :help:

2. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Knock knock

whos there

Isabel

Isabel who

Isabel necessary on a bike?

3. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    :D

4. :)

5. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Good luck to all of you East Coasters. All of us around here are breathing a huge sigh of relief that we're not getting it, but we're all nervous for y'all. Hopefully it'll just skim the coast and head back out to sea.
    Good Luck!

6. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Looks like we're getting hit; couple daze ago, the weather yahoos here were saying the eye would pass directly over Hampton Roads.
    Now it's appearing like the Outer Banks of NC will, as usual, take the first strike.

This a.m. the storm was downgraded to a Cat 3...that's good news.

And no Floyd re-dux, please!

7. all these storms are just in time for my parents when they go on there cruise through the carribean this week.:meh:

8. Last report I heard she was down to a cat 2 storm.

Let's be grateful for little things. :)

Yoshi, nice Knock-knock poem. :D

Mike

9. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    i hope everyone will be OK.

:(

10. KB

KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Just waiting to see if we get hit with any of it here in Chapel Hill, NC. We will if it follows Fran but Floyd was further East.

-KB

11. Hurricane party's at my house!!! BYOB

12. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Isabel is supposed to hit me (NY) Friday i think. Floyd knocked down 10 trees around my house, one landing on the garage.. so i hope that doesnt happen again.

13. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    prayers are with you guys in the Carolina's!

14. Hey...is everyone ok the one East Coast? Maryland didn't get hit TOO bad,but still...our power went out twice...

Well?:meh:

15. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    I think there's still a few who probably couldn't tell us if they're OK or not. Last I heard, there were still about 2 million without power.

16. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    We lost power here in Charlottesville, VA for about 12 hours. The phones were out too. I still don't have my internet back. My university cancelled classes (which is unheard of) for Thursday and Friday so we went out and bought a bunch of Hurricanes and had a hurricane party.

17. We had really good surf here, which I rode for 3 hours. Power didn't go out once.

18. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Here in New York we got the butt of it, not that bad. Rained all morning but then it cleared up. Didnt lose power, lost one tree that was already kinda falling.