Hurry up, GK! I want my MB212! (Deal Alert also)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by burl0029, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Gearhead43

Gearhead43

Nov 25, 2007
    NorCal
    Darn! That's OK, I can wait. Getting excited though, no more hauling around a bunch of stuff for my upright bass gigs, well, besides a big-ass bass. :D

2. NicJimBass

NicJimBass Flossin'? I thought your name was Munson!

Nov 22, 2004
    Lancaster, OH
    Hipshot
    Hey Capn, let me know what you think of the combo when you get it and use it in a band situation. The small size and weight are very appealing to me, but I don't want to have too little of an amp for most gigs. Being that I've used GK gear my whole bass-playing life, I know they are usually louder than crap, but the whole 210 things is what has me even remotely considering staying with my current rig (MB2-500/ Neo 212-II).

3. burl0029

burl0029 Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2008
    St. Paul Park, MN
    Your current rig is basically the same as the new MB212, just in component form. There are some differences, though:

-your 212 cab is heavier than the 212 combo
    -the mb2 has a few extra features that the combo loses

I've had combos and component rigs, but I'm currently going back to the combo for simplicity's sake. Plus, this thing is gonna sound amazing.

4. Mike Shevlin

Mike Shevlin

Feb 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    Unless your loud guitarist is Zakk Wylde~ u'll be fine.

5. Will do once I get it. It'll get some use right away.

Well, he's not Zakk Wylde but he's pretty darn close. :help:

6. UPDATE: I just called MF to see when they're receiving their MB210's and now they say April 16th......................ummmm.....NO! I just cancelled my order even though they bumped me up to an MB212 for $25 off their price. I just got off the phone with RMC Audio and they've got me down for the next one they've got coming in next week for $699 + the 10% off which got it down to $629 and some change PLUS free shipping. MF wanted an extra $9.99 for shipping because of the size, which is no big deal but free trumps all. I think I just won the internet!

7. capnsandwich UPDATE: I just called MF to see when they're receiving their MB210's and now they say April 16th......................ummmm.....NO! I just cancelled my order even though they bumped me up to an MB212 for $25 off their price. I just got off the phone with RMC Audio and they've got me down for the next one they've got coming in next week for $699 + the 10% off which got it down to $629 and some change PLUS free shipping. MF wanted an extra $9.99 for shipping because of the size, which is no big deal but free trumps all. I think I just won the internet!

Hey capnsandwich, I'm glad to hear your going to speed things up. I saw how MF extended the due date out so far, I was almost feeling guilty that I got mine already. Also I do think the MB212 will be a great choice. I don't think I'll ever regret not being able to attach an external cab, if I need help, I'll use the PA. I'm really happy with the tone and volume with the MB 212 so far.

-Todd

8. And then as soon as I closed the deal on this I see one in the classifieds for $500. I just lost the internet again.:bawl:

9. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    But of course! :D

[​IMG]

10. burl0029

Apr 2, 2008
    St. Paul Park, MN
    My order is growing moss at Music123. Per RAG's promise that the MB212s were shipping last week, I've been patiently waiting. M123 has had an availability date of 3/19 for the last 11 days. I looked today, and they changed it back to "on order." Having lost my patience I called them, only to find that they currently aren't expecting any to come until May. MAY!!!!! I sold my old rig to buy the new one. I don't want to wait, amp-less, until May.

I asked them if they had received any and already sold them, thinking maybe I was down the list a ways, but they said this is still their original order and they haven't received any yet.

I scrambled to check the availability at every site I can think of. Amazon has one in stock, but they don't price match. MF expects some today, but customer service said they're all sold with more expected 4/16. I checked several other sites, but had no luck.

If I was more confident in my ability to diagnose amp issues, I'd order one of the broken ones MF and 123 are offering for less than half-price. I'm not sure what to do right now as I don't want to lose my good price ($619 from 123). Sadly, I think all I can do is wait.

11. burl0029

Apr 2, 2008
    St. Paul Park, MN
    Still waiting. My house has been too quiet without a wicked-loud amp shaking things. On the positive side, I have been getting home projects done (I replaced a flight of stairs last weekend). Sigh.

12. xjeremiahx

xjeremiahx

Apr 19, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    No longer a slave to GC.
    Good to see you undertaking minor repairs & projects in the meantime :)

13. burl0029

Apr 2, 2008
    St. Paul Park, MN
    There is, perhaps, a light at the end of the tunnel. M123 has added a stock date of April 5 to their site. Hopefully this will be correct. I'm dying here. I need an amp to fill my time. I've been searching for MusicMan Sterling basses in the mean time. I need my new amp to stop the gas for a while.

14. rag

rag

Mar 24, 2003
    Robert A. Gallien, President Gallien-Krueger
    We will ship another large run tomorrow.
    Bob

15. Gearhead43

Gearhead43

Nov 25, 2007
    NorCal
    Any MB112s going out yet? If not, any ETA? Thanks a million!

16. johnnycat42

johnnycat42

Feb 27, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Bob-

I have the MB200 on order with Musicians Friend. Any word on the actual release date yet?

Regards,
    G

17. burl0029

Apr 2, 2008
    St. Paul Park, MN
    That's good to hear. Thanks for the update, Bob.

18. Gearhead43

Gearhead43

Nov 25, 2007
    NorCal
    ? :meh:

19. Gearhead43

Gearhead43

Nov 25, 2007
    NorCal
    That's an excellent question, Gearhead - and I'm sure Bob will be along to answer it any time now.

Have a great day! :)

20. Loel

Loel Blazin' Acadian

Oct 31, 2004
    Yes Gearhead it's an excellent question,i'm also waiting
    for a reply to this..

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 5, 2021