Hurry up, GK! I want my MB212! (Deal Alert also)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by burl0029, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Gearhead43

Gearhead43

Nov 25, 2007
    NorCal
    I can't wait to get mine, and was really hoping for some feedback ffrom GK here.

No luck yet.

2. Gearhead43

Gearhead43

Nov 25, 2007
    NorCal
    Damn, Gearhead, that's a shame. Hope you hear back soon.

3. burl0029

burl0029 Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2008
    St. Paul Park, MN
    April 5th has come (the supposed availability date listed on Music123) and the amp is still not ready. I called and they said the date is still today, but the new amps either haven't arrived yet or been inventoried. We'll see if I get that magic email in the next couple days saying my order has been shipped.

4. Gearhead43

Gearhead43

Nov 25, 2007
    NorCal
    Just got an email from Brian at GK saying the MB112 won't be shipping until June.

I cancelled my order and am gonna try an MB115 instead.

5. DJS

DJS Supporting Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Rochester, NY
    With an MB210 on order from MF for over a month, my current amp is the "free" Ibanez jump start 15 watt special.

After reading this thread, I called MF and asked to price match the RMC audio 10% off coupon, and they willingly did. So that makes me feel better.

My conclusion is they're shipping small batches of these regularly so it's only a matter of time.

6. Gearhead43

Gearhead43

Nov 25, 2007
    NorCal
    Yup, my MB115 just shipped from RMC.

7. I didn't know that the MB's were so hard to come by? I picked my MB210 from GC a few months ago. They had it sitting in the same spot for about 2 weeks before I bought it!?!?!

8. DJS

DJS Supporting Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Rochester, NY
    Curse you! :) Most of us have never even seen one in person.

9. burl0029

Apr 2, 2008
    St. Paul Park, MN
    I saw (and played) an MB210 at one of my local guitar stores, but I want the 212. It was a great little box, but I want the full power of the amp without an extension speaker. Plus, I love the sound of 12s.

I am starting to despair. The M123 website now says 4/9 for availability, but when I called this morning, they said end of April. I'm tempted to cancel and order one of the used ones they have in stock. It's hard, though, to take a used one for about the same price I paid for the new one. Maybe they'd cut me a deal since I've been waiting so long. Probably not.

10. DJS

DJS Supporting Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Rochester, NY
    Frustrating, isn’t it? I’m holding steady on this. RAG indicated that these went out at the end of the month, and it takes about a month, give or take a week, for a container ship to make it to the US. So it’s very conceivable that resellers will have these in hand by the end of the month. And by then, maybe you’ll find a 15% off coupon.:)

I’m glad to hear you liked the MB210, and can’t wait to play mine. Thanks for steering me to the 10% off deal as well.

Years ago, my wife put an ungodly amount of money down on a guitar, and it took 18 months! I think we’re all used to same day Amazon shipping, but those rules don’t apply to products like these which aren’t as much of a commodity as say a CD or Linksys router.

11. I didn't know that the MB212 had the full [email protected]? Why do they have a Speakon speaker output on the back then? As far as I can remember the power supply is only 4ohm stable???

12. Gearhead43

Gearhead43

Nov 25, 2007
    NorCal
    They don't. Only the MB210 does.

13. DJS

DJS Supporting Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Rochester, NY
    There was a bit of confusion with some online reseller descriptions a while back.

14. chiplexic

chiplexic

Apr 21, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Container ship ?? I heard it was coming on a row boat...and they dropped one of the oars halfway here! :D;)

15. burl0029

Apr 2, 2008
    St. Paul Park, MN
    RMC still has the description wrong. They're basically using the 210 stats for the 212.

16. DJS

DJS Supporting Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Rochester, NY
    Ha Ha! :)

Hopefully some bass slappin' Somali pirates don't factor into the delay either. :D

17. Bass-Man3

Bass-Man3

Mar 19, 2009
    Hi,

You are quite lucky ones...over here in Europe, no new MB Combos in sight yet...(?) Are there also pirates on the Atlantic Ocean?

18. burl0029

Apr 2, 2008
    St. Paul Park, MN
    Dang pirates. They make an excellent scape-goat for this long wait. I say we send the Navy over there to sink 'em all. Maybe then I'll get my amp.

The latest date on the M123 site is 4/15. I can't say I'm holding my breath as the other dates they've posted have come and gone with no amp mailed.

19. burl0029

Apr 2, 2008
    St. Paul Park, MN
    Delayed again. M123 now lists the amp's availability as May 3. I'm trying to decide if I'm better off being strung along week by week, or if I'd rather have known ahead of time that this was going to take two months.

I'm really hoping the amp doesn't disappoint after this long of a buildup.

20. burl0029

Apr 2, 2008
    St. Paul Park, MN
    FINALLY! THE AMP IS COMING! I just received the magic email saying my order has shipped and I have the tracking number. I'll once again be rattling the windows come early next week. I'll try to give a full report after giving the amp a good workout.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 25, 2021