Hurry up, GK! I want my MB212! (Deal Alert also)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by burl0029, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

You will be in luck because I've been gigging mine every week for months now. The amp just kills!

2. Quadzilla, how powerful is it in a gig situation? I'm on a Markbass 4x10 right now and I really don't need the headroom. (I like the GK sound better for electric bass anyway.) I also want to downsize a bit for transportation purposes, so I think a 2x12 is the way to go.

3. burl0029

burl0029 Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2008
    St. Paul Park, MN
    The amp is here! I tested it out for about 15 minutes and it sounded great. I'll post a review after I've spent some real time with it.

4. rovito

rovito

Jun 26, 2005
    Maine
    Ordered Mine today. Got them to bring it down to $579.00 shipped. Hope it comes in sooner than later.

5. I got my MB 212 Thursday and used it at a rehearsal and a church service. It delivered the goods and was easy to stick in the back seat of the Accord. Can't wait to play out with it. Everyone wanted to help me carry in my amp since I had my gig bag strapped to my back and they saw me carrying the combo up the stairs. I went ahead and let them help. They were all stunned on how light it was. I think my 2 basses in my double Mono bag is actually heavier than this combo. The guitarists are so jealous now.

6. tallboybass

tallboybass Supporting Member Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2003
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    My MB212 will be here Wednesday! I'm excited....my MB210 is stunningly loud, low and light. Also, the MB212 will be tall enough to put casters on so I can ride it into the gig! (I'm 6'7" and 'physically challenged') Anyone with both of these great amps care to compare the tone and volume?

7. burl0029

Apr 2, 2008
    St. Paul Park, MN
    Where did you get yours? And how did you get such a low price? I assume you're talking about the MB212 and not the 210.

8. rovito

rovito

Jun 26, 2005
    Maine
    Yes MB212. GC had a coupon for 15% of this weekend but I would have had to pay sales tax. I asked Music123 to match and that is what they came back with. Can't wait!

9. burl0029

Apr 2, 2008
    St. Paul Park, MN
    Nice. It's always about timing. It's also kinda funny that (in your case) these companies are undercutting each other even though they're owned by the same parent company (that is GC, M123, MF, WWBW, etc).

I think you'll be very pleased with the amp. I have very limited time with it thus far, but I'm liking what I've heard. All I've done is set everything at noon and plug straight in. The results have been good. I can't wait to plug in my pedalboard and mess with the eq a bit.

10. tallboybass

Feb 25, 2003
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    I got 10% off at RMC....should be here tomorrow morning!! The MB210 has been my main gigster for a couple of months, I'm really optimistic about the MB212. More power, more speaker surface area....more better, hopefully. I read somewhere on TB that the 212 is more even sounding and not quite as bass-heavy. Doesn't make sense on paper but I'll report back tomorrow with my opinion. I'm also going to A/B the MB212 against the MB210 + ext. cab. Stay tuned.

11. rovito

rovito

Jun 26, 2005
    Maine
    I think it makes perfect sense on paper. 212 speakers stuffed into a box about the same size as the 210. Should give it a bit more low mids. I am thinking about getting another and running stereo. 1000 watts into four twelves under eighty pounds. Had I known RMC had some I would have gone with them.

12. DJS

DJS Supporting Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Rochester, NY
    MB210 arrived late yesterday. I'm thrilled so far. :bassist::hyper:

13. tallboybass

Feb 25, 2003
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Heck, I just called, thinking I'd get a friendly 'no'...and they had ONE.

The 'under-sized box theory'...yes, I'll bet you're right. Seems like the MB210 is not big enough for the drivers either though.

14. tallboybass

Feb 25, 2003
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
  15. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 29, 2021