Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hurting the resale value

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by LukeMan970, Nov 4, 2005.

1. LukeMan970

LukeMan970

Jun 22, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    The nut on my Warwick broke and so I had to get it replaced, the only thing they could really do was put a bone nut in were the old plastic just a nut was. Will this hurt the resale value alot or no?

2. Shouldn't really matter that much. It's just a nut, and if it needed to be replaced, it needed to be replaced.

3. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    A nut could potentially lower collector's value, but it's not considered a big deal the way pickups or original finish is. It's more along the lines of putting new strap buttons on it. It's not like you will lose hundreds of dollars in resale value. Especially now, since the collector's value of Warwicks has yet to be established.

4. If it's a concern, i've heard that the U.S. Warwick distributor will sell nuts to people, and i've even heard that they'll sell the older brass-style nuts.

5. Adding a bone nut in place of a plastic one is an upgrade that should happen to all plastic nut guitars