Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Husker Du's Greg Norton runs a restaurant in Wisconsin !

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by SMASH, Jan 20, 2005.

1. SMASH

SMASH Guest

Jan 18, 2000
    Canada.
    http://thenortonsrestaurant.com/

Yes, I am 100% sure it's "the" Greg Norton. Anyone stopping in gets to meet him, though 99% of guests likely don't know who he is (as it is with readers of this post, I'd guess). Still, cooool eh?

:bassist:

2. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    That's awesome! Next thing you know Jello will be opening a taqueria in Berkeley.

3. odie

odie Supporting Member

Yup just down the road from me. It is barely in Wisconsin, biggest city in that area is Red Wing. We in R.W. alot actually this weekend. I have heard of the restaurant but never new it was of Husker DU fame. They played alot in LaCrosse where I am from. Brother in laws uncle had a music store and gig place. They played there a few times. So did Bob Mould.

4. SMASH

SMASH Guest

Jan 18, 2000
    Canada.
    Awesome ! Will you go accost him now? :cool:

5. bill h

bill h

Aug 31, 2002
    small town MN
    I may have to take the three hour road trip.

6. odie

odie Supporting Member

well if anyone wants to join me for supper sometime. They have a great wine list and their beer list isnt to shabby either.

smash you coming down? :p

7. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    i really wish i knew what you guys were talking about, who is this guy?

:(

;)

8. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    football guy?

9. bill h

bill h

Aug 31, 2002
    small town MN
  10. *Grabs his copy of 'Zen Arcade' and starts runnin to Wisconsin*

11. Alex Wing

Alex Wing

Apr 1, 2005
    Boston, MA
    "Greg Norton has spent the last 26 years in the restaurant business working with outstanding culinary teams throughout the region. Over the years, he has taken his passion for food and wine and infused it into his wine lists--several of them winning honors from Wine Spectator Magazine."

I make it about 17 years since the end of Husker Du, so I'm somewhat confused. Seems like a respectable restaurant, though.

Though "Bassist Greg Norton now runs a restaurant outside of Minneapolis, but did not participate in the reunion" from RollingStone.com seems pretty concrete.

Anyone have a bit more info?