Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hvy Mtl Settings for Yorkville BM400xs?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by H2SBASS, Mar 6, 2004.

1. Hey there! I am playing in a heavy metal band and recently aquired a new Yorkville Bassmaster 400xs combo. My old amp was just a Bassmaster 100 with Bass/Mid/Treb controls. I am kind of new to parametrics, scoop, tube gain, etc. I was just wondering if anyone could make any suggestions as to finding good tone. I play fingerstyle on an LTD f-205 bass. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :help:

2. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    I take it you mean the Bass Master XS400 combo? If you didn't get a manual with it, you can download one in .pdf form from their website. They've got some suggestions that will give you a starting point to work from that you can adjust to taste.

3. Try out the lead/metal settings from their site, but turn off or down the drive, I like that. I can kick in the drive when I want it, or use compression, and it has a nice meaty sound.