1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hwo to connect Darkglass 900 2 bass cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Stuart rollo, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Stuart rollo

Stuart rollo

Feb 13, 2018
    As the name of this thread suggests I'm wanting to connect my Darkglass to 2 cabs. I only use my amp when I'm in the studio using their cabs which are 2 hartke speakers. On the back of there speakers they have 4 options so I currently run one speaker into the other then into my amp. Honestly don't know if it works I feel like I can hear my bass from both cabs but very quietly from one.

Any ideas ?

Cheers

2. abarson

abarson

Nov 6, 2003
    Santa Cruz
    The Darkglass has two Speakon speaker outputs on the back. You can connect one speaker to each Speakon or daisy chain from the amp to the first speaker then to the second.
    What Hartkes are you using? Some models have a 4/8 ohms selection switch. If so, set them both to 4 ohms and the Darkglass to 2 ohms for maximum power.

3. Stuart rollo

Stuart rollo

Feb 13, 2018

Hi thanks for the reply. My Darkglass 900 only has 1 speaker output and a balanced output. I think the bass cabs in the studio are hartke 410 and 115xl but I'm not 100%sure.

4. BogeyBass

BogeyBass

Sep 14, 2010
    The output or sensitivity of a 1x15 would be lower than a 4x10.

unless there is a issue with the parallel jacks on the speaker cabs.
    the 15" will have lower output.

probably be better off running just the 410 or place the 1x15 on the top

5. abarson

abarson

Nov 6, 2003
    Santa Cruz
    Okay, the Darkglass Microtubes 900 has only one Speakon output, while the Darkglass Alpha Omega 900 has two Speakons. Details...
    You can only daisy chain the two cabinets from the amplifier.
    All Hartke 410s are 8 ohms cabinets and don't have the 4/8 ohms switch. The 115XL is also 8 ohms so your total load towards your amp is 4 ohms.
    Any difference you perceive in loudness between the speakers is because they aren't the same. A single 115 doesn't have the same cone area as a 410, and each was designed with different tonal goals in mind. It's rare to find cabinets of different speaker layout sounding good together because they are rarely designed to go together.