1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Hybrid bass combos

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassmasta18, Aug 14, 2007.

1. I bought one of the Hartke combos the first year they came out, (probably about 13-14 yrs ago) it has seen quite a few gigs and many practices and I still use it for rehearsals. It has been very reliable. However, I can not speak about Hartke quality since Samson has taken them over.

The amp head in my combo is the 3500 which is 200 watts at 8 ohm and 350 watts at 4 ohms with the hybrid pre amp. The hybrid pre amp does give the amp a little bit of a warm sound but I would not say that this amp necessarily has "the tube" tone.

Overall mine is a very clean sounding amp and with the dual preamp and the graphic eq it is pretty versatile. I do feel the need to run a BDDI in front of it to get really killer tone. It's a little to plain for me by itself.

You may also want to consider picking up a used 3500 and a 210 cab. I see the 3500 on ebay all the time for around $200 and 210's are not that expensive.