1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

No longer available Hybrid German Musima Eberle

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by jazzhawg, Jul 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jazzhawg

jazzhawg

Sep 11, 2013
    Arkansas
    Price:
    Strings:
    Selling my 2002 (actually tag shows 1999) Musima 3/4 size hybrid double bass. Hope to find a good home for it since I haven't played it in years. I used it in college for a couple of semesters back in 2008-Jazz band and Orchestra. Has Helicore Hybrids on it. It would certainly make a good beginner/intermediate student bass for orchestra. But it also has a really nice voice for use in a jazz setting. Comes with a TKL gig bag that is in great shape.
    Its only issue is that there is a paper thin gap where the top of the back meets the neck joint and the finish around the neck joint is cracking. It has been like that since I've had it but, since I decided to sell it I took it to my local luthier and asked him what he thought about it. He said it should be fixed at some point but it didn't look like a major problem. He quoted me a price of $75 to do the work. Taking that into consideration I'm setting the price at $1900. If it didn't need the work I would be asking $2000. There is also a spot on the top where the ball ends of the strings rubbed during its initial shipping from the retailer. Its a minor issue that never worried me besides not looking totally perfect. One other small dent in the lower bout's edge. Other than that she's great. Plays easy and sounds great.
    I hope to find an interested player in my general area because I haven't shipped a bass before. That being said I am not totally against the idea of having it shipped. I will post pictures on this thread this evening. Just wanted to get the ball rolling. Thanks for viewing and let me know if you have any questions.

jazzhawg

301004_abaece358b74226e9d086d0cb692b570.JPG

Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
  2. jazzhawg

jazzhawg

Sep 11, 2013
    Arkansas
    Here's some pics. More pictures available upon request.
    7-5-14 004.JPG 7-5-14 017.JPG 7-5-14 019.JPG 7-5-14 010.JPG 7-5-14 011.JPG

3. jazzhawg

jazzhawg

Sep 11, 2013
    Arkansas
    Bump

4. jazzhawg

jazzhawg

Sep 11, 2013
    Arkansas
    Price drop on bass to $1700. Have a French Brazilwood bow from Gollihur and a Realist copper foil pickup with original packaging also for sale. At $1800 I will include those items with the bass. They are available individually at $90 for the bow and the Realist is $100. Save $90 if you go in on all three.

5. jazzhawg

jazzhawg

Sep 11, 2013
    Arkansas
    Bumpit.

6. jazzhawg

jazzhawg

Sep 11, 2013
    Arkansas
    Bump for a Sunday showing!

7. voloverload

voloverload

May 1, 2014
    I must have missed it in the write-up. Where is the bass located?

8. jazzhawg

jazzhawg

Sep 11, 2013
    Arkansas
    Still available.

9. jazzhawg

jazzhawg

Sep 11, 2013
    Arkansas
    Bump the price down to $1650. More pics or info? Just ask:)

10. jazzhawg

jazzhawg

Sep 11, 2013
    Arkansas
    Bumpin' again

11. jazzhawg

jazzhawg

Sep 11, 2013
    Arkansas
    The pickup has sold. Thank you all for your interest.
    The asking price for the bass: $1650. The bow is still available and price dropped to $80. Bass with bow I'm asking $1700.
    Thanks for looking. Hope to find a good home for these soon:help:

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
  12. jazzhawg

jazzhawg

Sep 11, 2013
    Arkansas
    Bump for audio samples?
    If anyone is considering this bass and thinks audio samples might help send me a PM. I should be able to supply some if you promise not to listen to my out of practice upright playing.
    Thanks for looking.

13. jazzhawg

jazzhawg

Sep 11, 2013
    Arkansas
    Bump.

14. jazzhawg

jazzhawg

Sep 11, 2013
    Arkansas
    Still available, bump.

15. jazzhawg

jazzhawg

Sep 11, 2013
    Arkansas
    Bump. Running out of wiggle room.

16. jazzhawg

jazzhawg

Sep 11, 2013
    Arkansas
    I am officially a motivated seller. Gotta move this bass soon. PM me if we're close at all.

17. jazzhawg

jazzhawg

Sep 11, 2013
    Arkansas
    Forgot to mention she's a German girl and has no bevel on the fingerboard. Will post a pic or two of the label later today.
    Thanks for looking.

18. jazzhawg

jazzhawg

Sep 11, 2013
    Arkansas
    bumpo

19. jazzhawg

jazzhawg

Sep 11, 2013
    Arkansas
    Here's pics of the label inside and front and back of the tag that came from the factory. I believe the tag shows made in 1999.
    8-25-14 023.JPG 8-25-14 028.JPG 8-25-14 038.JPG

Last edited: Aug 26, 2014
  20. jazzhawg

jazzhawg

Sep 11, 2013
    Arkansas
    I know these pics are a little dark-just showing off the girl from another angle. And now without the pickup too.

8-25-14 043.JPG 8-25-14 047.JPG

Thanks for looking. Somebody please get this bass before I have to try another avenue:(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.