1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hybrid Squier SX (Essex) Geddy Jazz Bass with lots of Mods

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by lavmonga, Mar 15, 2008.

1. lavmonga

lavmonga

Jul 27, 2007
    New York, NY
    I just bought this recently and modded it up, it sounds and looks awesome. However, I just bought myself a long sought after LP Money bass, so I've got to let something else go, this one is the newest, so it's up on the block. Everything looks great, there aren't any scratches or chips. Here are the features:

• I assume the body is Squier due to the neck plate (pictured) it reads "Squier 20th Anniversary"
    • Body finish is kind of a spakly black
    • All cavities are copper shielded
    • The Pickups are Duncan Basslines
    • I've brand new 500k pots and a new input jack put in.
    • SX black blocked neck, with a sheet of vinyl blacking out the headstock (Can easily be removed, but why would you?)
    • Vintage Grover Wave tuners off taken from an 80's Kramer bass
    • Bad Ass II Bridge

Now for the Flaws:

• I accidentally drilled through the tone knob (it didn't fit properly on the new pot)
    • There are some extra holes drilled from the previous tuners.
    • It could use new strings

$300 shipped ConUS.

SXjbass.

IMG_6991.

IMG_6993.

IMG_6992.

IMG_6987.

IMG_6985.

2. Nice badass looking.
    Any samples?

3. lavmonga

lavmonga

Jul 27, 2007
    New York, NY
    As I said, I haven't had it too long, so I haven't recorded anything. I don't really have any recording software either (Windows sound recorder doesn't count to me!). So sorry, but no samples.

4. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    If you do want some simple recording, check out Audacity. Free and open source.

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread...

5. lavmonga

lavmonga

Jul 27, 2007
    New York, NY
    bump